Game Thread Lady Vols Softball NCAA Super Regionals vs #9 Florida State

great win by the Lady Vols..headed back to OKC..and more importantly delays th dead period until two a day starts :)

Reactions: 2 people
I wasn't impressed with Waldrop..I think there was a reason why she hasn't pitched as much lately..could be confidence, injury, or just too many miles on a senior's arm

does anybody know what the injury to Gabriel was ? somebody said she was injured

I missed the earlier game today

was anybody watching when she came out of the game ? if so,did you notice anything wrong with her or was anything said about an injury ?

This HAS been overachieving as the team's hitting as gone in the toilet. How we won two games, I don't know--talk about scratching out wins. All credit to Gaffin who was huge--the girl has got a great spirit and great toughness. We left a huge number of runs on base in this series--it's odd that the gametracker stats don't include LOB--but it was a LOT. 3 hits in the last game. Aldrete did not get a hit in three games, nor did Koenig. I think Geer got 1 hit. We are tough--and credit to the Weeklys: Warlick should hang around them more often.

does anybody know what the injury to Gabriel was ? somebody said she was injured

I missed the earlier game today

was anybody watching when she came out of the game ? if so,did you notice anything wrong with her or was anything said about an injury ?

Heard that too but they did not elaborate. Gabriel seems to be very tender. Hope she gets better for the WCWS.

not agreeing with the cheap shot at CHW armchair,come on you can do better than that lol

but it is a pretty good Lady Vols Softball team this year

not bad for what is considered to be a rebuilding year

they have made it to the Women's College World Series,which at mid season,I would have said no way

way to go Lady Vols :clapping:

I wasn't impressed with Waldrop..I think there was a reason why she hasn't pitched as much lately..could be confidence, injury, or just too many miles on a senior's arm

She was behind in the count all night, and yet we could not get hits. Had we gotten one or two more hits, or runs, their coach might have put Burroughs back in.

Another trip to the World Series! One of this years we are going to win the Big Taco--why not this year! We probably will play our first game against florida, which I like. Just beat them, have beaten them a number of times in recent years, we should be confident, might as well beat them to start the WS. The first game is always HUGE.

Tennessee will make its seventh appearance in the Women's College World Series after previously making it to softball's grandest stage in 2005, '06, '07, '10, '12 and '13. The Lady Vols have now advanced in seven of their eight Super Regional appearances and UT improves to 15-5 all-time in Super Regional games.

Reactions: 1 person
Heard that too but they did not elaborate. Gabriel seems to be very tender. Hope she gets better for the WCWS.

I know,hopefully it isn't her hip again,I'm hoping it isn't anything major and she will be ready to go for the WCWS

it would be great for her to be totally healthy at the start of next year,for a change,I'm hoping she will have a hell of a next year and we get to see her shine all season long,with no injuries

of course there is still softball to be played this year

best of luck to the Lady Vols :clapping:

Softball team showed a lot of heart to gut this series out.
Motto all year "Relentless" and not a experienced bunch at that. I didn't hear a whole lot of excuses as why it didn't happen just use what you have an get it done!!!:rock:

If I can get this other bunch(LVBB) to show some fight we'll be in business.

Congrats to the PLAYERS and WEEKLY's

I'll admit that I do not watch much softball but the past 3 weeks tell me that our Lady Vols are extremely dangerous and gelled at the right time. I feel bad for who plays us right now. These girls are tough and a very confident team.

Is this a 3 game series? Some guy in FB said game 2 is tomorrow on ESPNU

Is this a 3 game series? Some guy in FB said game 2 is tomorrow on ESPNU

some guy on FB is wrong..they played 2 today..LadyVols won game 1 yesterday, lost game two, and closed out FSU in game 3

VN Store

Back