game is in AUSTIN, TEXAS

TV: ESPN2

you can stream the game here

WatchESPN: Live Sports, Game Replays, Video Highlights

you can listen here

vs. Texas

the Lady Vols are ranked 9th in the AP Top 25 poll and 9th in the Coaches poll

Texas is ranked 12th in the AP Top 25 poll and 12th in the Coaches poll

gotta limit turnovers,play great Defense from the get go and rebound,you can't afford one of the slow starts,seize this great opportunity Lady Vols,it is time to show what your made of,I do believe in all of you,now show some of that Tennessee pride and play some tough ass basketball

if you need to know what tough ass basketball is,just ask Big Nicky,she knows :)

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:

Should be a pretty good game I think if we show up to play, we are just about even in terms of athleticism and performance. Comparing stats we are near identical teams, with us ahead by a percentage point or two in most categories.

Would like to see us take it off the bounce and get their bigs in foul trouble early. White has pretty slow feet and I think we could get her in foul trouble. As for their freshman, Collier, you just have to get near her and she'll foul you. Her minutes have been limited this year so far due to foul trouble.

Can't rely on getting calls at Texas though, home cooking has always been good in Texas and it is no exception on the basketball court.

Keys to the game for us: play a complete 40 minutes of defense, hit our Free Throws like last game, attack off the bounce and get easy shots. Be nice to see us hit a couple early shots from the outside to spread them out a bit and open up the lane.

Any news on if Holmes will play?

Reactions: RollerVol
saw Miss St play them...McCowan, down low, and team overpowered them...yep, we have to jump on'em early...:D

GO LADY VOLS!

Reactions: VolBall09
DEC 9 (SUN) 1:00 P.M. ET (NOON CT)

game is in AUSTIN, TEXAS

TV: ESPN2

you can stream the game here

WatchESPN: Live Sports, Game Replays, Video Highlights

you can listen here

vs. Texas

the Lady Vols are ranked 9th in the AP Top 25 poll and 9th in the Coaches poll

Texas is ranked 12th in the AP Top 25 poll and 12th in the Coaches poll

gotta limit turnovers,play great Defense from the get go and rebound,you can't afford one of the slow starts,seize this great opportunity Lady Vols,it is time to show what your made of,I do believe in all of you,now show some of that Tennessee pride and play some tough ass basketball

if you need to know what tough ass basketball is,just ask Big Nicky,she knows :)

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
Thanks for the update and reminder! Should be a great afternoon of Tennessee basketball!

Holmes?...don't remember seeing her play vs Miss St. I know Higgs is lost for the season...

GO LADY VOLS!

Should be a pretty good game I think if we show up to play, we are just about even in terms of athleticism and performance. Comparing stats we are near identical teams, with us ahead by a percentage point or two in most categories.

Would like to see us take it off the bounce and get their bigs in foul trouble early. White has pretty slow feet and I think we could get her in foul trouble. As for their freshman, Collier, you just have to get near her and she'll foul you. Her minutes have been limited this year so far due to foul trouble.

Can't rely on getting calls at Texas though, home cooking has always been good in Texas and it is no exception on the basketball court.

Keys to the game for us: play a complete 40 minutes of defense, hit our Free Throws like last game, attack off the bounce and get easy shots. Be nice to see us hit a couple early shots from the outside to spread them out a bit and open up the lane.

Any news on if Holmes will play?

She will play.

Who is going to start the “oh no, sky is falling, Holly sucks, fire her at half time, shut down the program” thread? Or can I go ahead and start it now, preemptively?

200.gif

on second thought......

I am thinking the turnovers may be high for both teams. Is KK going to play? Good thing about having Harris is let her give the low post players a quick breather.

So....we're on the road playing at #12 Texas...mm. TN girls better put petal to the medal w/no layoff on their part.
Texas Girly Longhorns will have the revenge factor on their mind from what happened last year getting beat.
For now, I'd say TN will lose by 10-12 points. I'm going w/how they played the other night against a 1-7 Stetson team that shot the lights out for awhile & w/their 3 point shooters getting open.
I hope I'm wrong. I hate to see the Lady Vols lose any game. I'm a little short on showing them some confidence right now. I always want the TN Lady Vols to win each game played by double digits. GBO.

Last edited:
Reactions: cutiepie5 and 7Iron
Texas and Tennessee face big questions as rivalry resumes

1544231708795.png

The matchup has been renewed every season since 1982. And at different times, one or both teams have entered the game as powerhouses. This year, both come in ranked in the top 15 in the country, but are still trying to figure out the true personality of their teams minus senior departures from last season and guards they expected to have this season.

No. 9 Tennessee travels to No. 12 Texas on Sunday (1 p.m. ET, ESPN2). The Lady Vols are 7-0 after a difficult 65-55 victory over now 1-7 Stetson on Wednesday in which they had to rally from 20 points down. Texas is 7-1, with its loss to No. 6 Mississippi State.

They'll need both at Texas, a place where Tennessee really can't afford another lethargic start. For Tennessee, this will be the first of two long-term, nonconference rivalry games in a row: After a finals week break in competition, the Lady Vols will host No. 11 Stanford on Dec. 18. That series dates to 1988, and includes three meetings in the NCAA tournament, including the 2008 national championship game.

Texas and Tennessee face big questions as rivalry resumes

Reactions: Rickster and Will83
Go ahead and start, I know Holly's no Pat neither is anyone else but.....Holly since Pat gave her the reins has not been able to get close to maximum results from teams loaded with talent - not even close from where I sit and I've great seats! She needs to retire or I say fire her ass!

Reactions: 7Iron
Would like to see our young team punch first, set the tone this game rather than getting beat up most of the fight/game, and landing a nice uppercut in the last round.

Lady Vols basketball. We are tougher than you.

Revenge may be a factor, officiating will definitely be a factor, but it is imperative that the team show up focused and ready to leave everything on the court. We have the depth now so no one should hold back. This is a long standing traditional rivalry game so the ladies need to play with pride and take the game to them and not be reactive.

Would like to see our young team punch first, set the tone this game rather than getting beat up most of the fight/game, and landing a nice uppercut in the last round. Lady Vols basketball. We are tougher than you.

I want them to be.....
200w.gif

Reactions: Pat4life
Would like to see our young team punch first, set the tone this game rather than getting beat up most of the fight/game, and landing a nice uppercut in the last round.

Lady Vols basketball. We are tougher than you.

I think they will.
Last year during our opening stretch, we had a few ugly wins.
The key will be, what was learned from last year's games.

Big underdog in this game can't foul and put them on the line. Refs will be calling touch fouls have to move our feet and not body them. Were gonna have to drive the ball hopefully have a good three point game going. Worried about Westbrooks in this game Sutton is a very quick tough defender. She will give us headaches on defense and offense. They are getting Holmes back we really need KK back having her wide body inside is a big help. I expect us to have a different mindset for this game. Easy to be distracted playing weaker teams even when you think you want be. This game is against a top ten team time to bring the A game.

Big underdog in this game can't foul and put them on the line. Refs will be calling touch fouls have to move our feet and not body them. Were gonna have to drive the ball hopefully have a good three point game going. Worried about Westbrooks in this game Sutton is a very quick tough defender. She will give us headaches on defense and offense. They are getting Holmes back we really need KK back having her wide body inside is a big help. I expect us to have a different mindset for this game. Easy to be distracted playing weaker teams even when you think you want be. This game is against a top ten team time to bring the A game.

That's why this last game was so valuable. It forced us to refocus...We needed this.

guess Holly has to practice her "Pat stare"...that's something that is hard to duplicate...:D

GO HOLLY AND GO LADY VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's not hope that Lady vols will win Texas. Even if I'm on crack I won't believe it. What we should be looking at now in terms of winning is lady vols coach vs other opponent coach not they players.

Let's not hope that Lady vols will win Texas. Even if I'm on crack I won't believe it. What we should be looking at now in terms of winning is lady vols coach vs other opponent coach not they players.

You want us to hope the LV lose ? I am not being smart but I am not understanding what you’re trying to say?!? Because I don’t get it and I will never hope the LV don’t win!

You want us to hope the LV lose ? I am not being smart but I am not understanding what you’re trying to say?!? Because I don’t get it and I will never hope the LV don’t win!

Ok, reply to my message at the end of the game..Respectfully!!

Out-gaming a proven coach is what we would all like to see...But losing just to lose, I think not

VN Store

Back