Game Thread: Lady Vols at Mississippi State; Thurs Jan 18 ; 5PM ; SEC Network win 75-64

He's considered one of the greatest male coaches of all time. He's loved by his players. He's respected by his fans. He's feared by referees, and he's hated by Tennessee. That's the only negative thing I can think against him... If you can find or name a better male coach for female basketball players go ahead... I'll wait

PS,,never said I liked the guy,,,just patterned my coaching style after him
I am proud our legacy coach is the winner in the Coach with unquestioned integrity category, and he has a claim for the All Other award. Valuing character is a personal option, I do, and I am proud we have not settled for less in our Lady's coaches. If and when our AD makes a change, I hope we don't settle for one that is below the character Mendoza line. Probably shortens the candidate list a good bit but I will want one that is closer to Pat and even Rick, and not risk putting our program in the hands of a Tyndall or even a Bruce, a great winning coach, but one who is willing to push the integrity envelope when convenient. Hopefully we can apply lessons learned from the men's side and are maintaining a vetted list in the upper left hand drawer in our AD's office. I hope we NEVER insult Pat's legacy with a hire. I do believe it can be done successfully.

But to your statement, I can easily acknowledge his success but CANNOT respect a guy that treated Candace the way he did in formulating the national teams, and made no attempt to put a lid on a foul-mouthed player because she was immensely talented, and WHATEVER he did to inspire Pat to end the series. Not sure I can respect anybody that truly respects the methodologies in his body of work. I hope you only patterned yourself after his X's and O's, and not the ENTIRE package.

But to your statement, I can easily acknowledge his success but CANNOT respect a guy that treated Candace the way he did in formulating the national teams, and made no attempt to put a lid on a foul-mouthed player because she was immensely talented, and WHATEVER he did to inspire Pat to end the series. Not sure I can respect anybody that truly respects the methodologies in his body of work. I hope you only patterned yourself after his X's and O's, and not the ENTIRE package.
No doubt.

In the opposite spectrum,,,we can aspire to be like Jesus but none of us can be Jesus...We can only follow his example.

I coach to win. And I want my players to play to win. But also, I want my girls to respect and love me like a father...To have that ,, I must love and respect them like daughters

No doubt.

In the opposite spectrum,,,we can aspire to be like Jesus but none of us can be Jesus...We can only follow his example.

I coach to win. And I want my players to play to win. But also, I want my girls to respect and love me like a father...To have that ,, I must love and respect them like daughters
Pat coached to win too, and did not sell out. It can be done, it is a choice, he simply passed. Greatness in not just about WHAT, but a lot about HOW. Way more than wins and losses or any other statistical measurement. I have cringed in some threads with names proposed to coach at UT.

Pat coached to win too, and did not sell out. It can be done, it is a choice, he simply passed. Greatness in not just about WHAT, but a lot about HOW. Way more than wins and losses or any other statistical measurement. I have cringed in some threads with names proposed to coach at UT.
Winning cures all cringe

Reactions: LadyVol1908
That post made zero sense, but was expected coming from someone who is a UCONN fan that said Tennessee should follow the blueprint of Vanderbilt on recruiting and culture building of a program only because their current head coach is a former UCONN coach.
I wonder if after the game tomorrow will you even post again for awhile?
See, I don't understand your thinking. Why should I stop posting, I expect Tennessee to win, and I believe I said it more than once that Tennessee is the better team. I'm just saying that Ralph has made a lot of progress with that team in her third year. She is not a miracle worker, but she is a very good coach who is teaching her players to be better players and good people. Just because she played at UConn, and coached at UConn, it doesn't make her a bad person. That just shows what a shallow person you are, and if they lose, and I expect them to, I won't run away, and unlike you, I won't gloat if they happen to pull the upset. You talk about trolls, but I am beginning to think that you are a troll to every levelheaded person on this forum, only because you cannot see or except an opinion from any other poster except the ones that kiss your feet. I'm actually a good person, but you just bring out the worst in me, and I don't feel good about that.

No doubt.

If I had daughters and they were Top 10 recruits, I wouldn't want Auriemma anywhere near them

I am proud our legacy coach is the winner in the Coach with unquestioned integrity category, and he has a claim for the All Other award. Valuing character is a personal option, I do, and I am proud we have not settled for less in our Lady's coaches. If and when our AD makes a change, I hope we don't settle for one that is below the character Mendoza line. Probably shortens the candidate list a good bit but I will want one that is closer to Pat and even Rick, and not risk putting our program in the hands of a Tyndall or even a Bruce, a great winning coach, but one who is willing to push the integrity envelope when convenient. Hopefully we can apply lessons learned from the men's side and are maintaining a vetted list in the upper left hand drawer in our AD's office. I hope we NEVER insult Pat's legacy with a hire. I do believe it can be done successfully.

Luckily it was already done successfully. We already have a Coach who has improved our team each year, even when we lost our top player/players each year to injury. We were tied for 8th place in our conference the year before she came, and we have been 3rd in conference every year since. The two teams above us have each won the NCAA Championship in the last two years. We’ll get there. Also, I cannot imagine a Coach with more character and “unquestioned integrity” than our own Coach Kellie Harper.

VN Store

Back