Game Thread Lady Vols at LSU

Miss St 39 Ole Miss 18 at the half. They crush the weaker teams give them no hope. The day Miss St hired Vince Schaeffer was a great day for that program. At one time we had never lost to them now soon it will be in double digits.

I wish we were meaner! We have a bunch of pleasant young ladies but Westbrook is the only one out there who will be physical and actually get mean! She may not always play smart but she plays with heart. I think she takes losing personal and I think her team needs to follow her lead.

I hope they are just peed off and wanna take off A&Ms head.

That will not make a difference if Holly lets A&M control the tempo like in the last game and like LSU did today.This team is only good when they play at a fast tempo,pressure the ball and run .

How embarrassing. With our talent there is no excuse for this kind of play...this is Lady Vol Basketball something is bad wrong! We are very difficult to watch!!!!

Reactions: 2 people
I don't think they have confidence in the system and are crestfallen.

They could try having a little pride in themselves and the LVs program. They had a lot to play for-- and they play with a lack of energy and motivation. It's not all on the coaches. The players need to be accountable, too.

Reactions: 3 people
I wish we were meaner! We have a bunch of pleasant young ladies but Westbrook is the only one out there who will be physical and actually get mean! She may not always play smart but she plays with heart. I think she takes losing personal and I think her team needs to follow her lead.

I hope they are just peed off and wanna take off A&Ms head.

I've been saying this for 3 years. We need WWA--Women With Attitude.

Tennessee tends to recruit talented, upper middle class women. They need to look at young women who have faced real adversity--not a broken fingernail--but who have had to develop real toughness. Perhaps stay away from the kids who play on traveling teams. Their folks are usually higher-income, and the young women have not had to scrap for anything.

I'm not calling for recruitment of women who carry knives in their gym shorts, but those with the attitude of "Oh, no you WON'T blow past me!" "Oh, no, you WON'T get that rebound." Oh, no, you WON'T take it to the basket with me under it!" Recruit young women who see basketball and college as a way up, not just another day of an extended hour party!

Reactions: 1 person
We really only have two plays that the other team has to defend. The horn set and the weave action beyond that we don’t see any other actions.

I’m sitting here fuming like what the hell! Yes Yes Yes I realize who our coach is. But then I remember we are relying on freshman and it’s inconsistent and it’s frustrating. Westbrook has a good game, Davis had foul trouble, and so did Nared (which is a shame because she was off to a good start). These freshman are good but they are going to be really good. Besides rebounding which was AWEFUL we got beat at the guard spot. People are starting to take advantage of our youth. These ladies are learning but you can’t expediate them being freshman. Their turnovers r aggressive ones where I wish they would pull up but at least their not sailing the balls out of bounds as much (except Davis on the fast break).

I’m annoyed but optimistic. Meh... that’s all I got

Tennessee tends to recruit talented, upper middle class women. They need to look at young women who have faced real adversity--not a broken fingernail--but who have had to develop real toughness. Perhaps stay away from the kids who play on traveling teams. Their folks are usually higher-income, and the young women have not had to scrap for anything.

I'm not calling for recruitment of women who carry knives in their gym shorts, but those with the attitude of "Oh, no you WON'T blow past me!" "Oh, no, you WON'T get that rebound." Oh, no, you WON'T take it to the basket with me under it!" Recruit young women who see basketball and college as a way up, not just another day of an extended hour party!

Need to get no. 42. :lolabove::dance2::rock:
bilde.jpg

That will not make a difference if Holly lets A&M control the tempo like in the last game and like LSU did today.This team is only good when they play at a fast tempo,pressure the ball and run .

Yes, yes it will! They’ll get mean and stop being pushed around. LSU pushes this team around today and was just tougher. I LIKED when Westbrook fouled a player looked at her and LET HER TEAMMATE pick her up! I’m all about sportsmanship but I’m also about imposing ones will! Which is why I wasn’t upset with Westbrook’s stare down tech she receive earlier this year.

They could try having a little pride in themselves and the LVs program. They had a lot to play for-- and they play with a lack of energy and motivation. It's not all on the coaches. The players need to be accountable, too.

Surely you have noticed that the exact things happen every single season regardless of the players involved.

At the beginning of the season we heard great stories about how dedicated to turning the program around the players were in the offseason. And then every year at about this point, when opposing coaches know exactly how to beat Tennessee every time, then suddenly the players get blamed for "not having pride."

Bull. What they have are broken hearts and broken spirits because they know their pride can only take them so far at this level of the game.

Every year it's the same. It can't always be blamed on lack of pride. Think.

Reactions: 4 people

I wish we LV fans could understand that WCBB teams reflect their coach. A good head coach will instill these qualities in his/her team. Holly is not a good coach. The players are reflecting her coaching or lack thereof. Please, we LV fans need to stop living in a fool's paradise.

I watch hours of women’s basketball as well as attending games. So very disappointed with Tennessee team. No way do I see toughness, heart,aggressiveness, hustle, and I will include leadership on the floor that is an absolute must to be a top team. In my humble opinion this is not a top team. I’m tired of announcers and others talking about all the great talent and all Americans on the team, and ending up watching mediocrity.

Reactions: 3 people
I’m sitting here fuming like what the hell! Yes Yes Yes I realize who our coach is. But then I remember we are relying on freshman and it’s inconsistent and it’s frustrating. Westbrook has a good game, Davis had foul trouble, and so did Nared (which is a shame because she was off to a good start). These freshman are good but they are going to be really good. Besides rebounding which was AWEFUL we got beat at the guard spot. People are starting to take advantage of our youth. These ladies are learning but you can’t expediate them being freshman. Their turnovers r aggressive ones where I wish they would pull up but at least their not sailing the balls out of bounds as much (except Davis on the fast break).

I’m annoyed but optimistic. Meh... that’s all I got

ARE the freshmen going to get better? Do you really think so? (Serious question)

Lady VOLS are more talented and taller than most opponents, but you'd think they have the flu many days with how lethargic they play.

There is really no excuse for that, and honestly LSU as a team are horrible with free throws, so they shouldn't have gotten themselves in a situation like this at all. Just some effort rebounding and they would have won easily.

Holly was much more efficient than usual at...err...ummm....
calling timeouts today. At this rate, she will be fully competent to do that
by the time the SEC tournament rolls around.

Yes, yes it will! They’ll get mean and stop being pushed around. LSU pushes this team around today and was just tougher. I LIKED when Westbrook fouled a player looked at her and LET HER TEAMMATE pick her up! I’m all about sportsmanship but I’m also about imposing ones will! Which is why I wasn’t upset with Westbrook’s stare down tech she receive earlier this year.
If you play well enough as a team you don't need to stare anyone down. Let the scoreboard speak for how you impose your will. This team doesn't need to be mean. They need to be poised, focused, coachable, internally motivated, and offensively & defensively consistent. They should get back to fundamentals and see if they can fix some of these issues because its clearly systemic. You can't have a new starting 5 but the same issues and it not be systemic.

It’s obvious we cannot guard anyone! And now it obvious we cannot rebound! Which is what Pat preached her whole life..... We need some athletes who have some desire and put forth effort!

LSU just played with more effort and wanted it more!! Plain and simple. So sad 😩

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back