Game Thread Lady Vols at Alabama

This article has her flying home with the team....so that is a great sign...I don't believe they allow folks to fly with a concussion

Diamond DeShields of Tennessee taken off court on stretcher in game against Alabama

Right. You have to walk home. The long hike allows time for the injury to heal. :)

Seriously, if she had a scan and it showed nothing and she's reporting no symptoms and passes the concussion protocol she can fly. Otherwise she might have been held overnight.

How on earth do we have the number one recruiting class coming in lol

Playing time for one & even with the results of the past 2 years, it's still Tennessee, so I figure they will get their fair share of great recruits a long ways into the future even without recent rings or Final Four appearances because of what Pat built. Also, based on a lot of the interviews with kids who committed most of them think they have the ability to turn the ship around.

Reactions: 1 person
I haven't watched the game yet but I did just checked the secnetwork.com site and found this video: Tide grab win vs. Lady Vols and @ the 45 second mark to the 60 second mark in that video look at all the players.... I have never seen lazier basketball in my life. They are playing like they are just at shoot around. There's no want or intention.

Walking around on offense Russell with her patented "hands up I didn't touch anybody move" has she ever even fouled out of a game? Why does she do that? Every play it's like there's only 1 person working hard and that's the person with the ball once they don't have the ball they don't give a crap anymore. I am not sure what I am gonna see when I watch the full game tonight but if it looks anything like that clip I can see why they lost. Alabama looks awful and if they truly are as bad as they look the for heavens sake someone please light a fire under these ladies.

Perhaps the TN players can look inside themselves for passion and motivation. Not a day care center here. Well, maybe it is.

I admire your faith in the players but imho it is sadly misplaced.

The time for coddling of their egos is OVER!

We have a collection of soft, lazy and highly over rated players who refuse to stop thinking that somehow it is them that built the LV name. They have trashed that name in the dirt.

Reactions: 2 people
I admire your faith in the players but imho it is sadly misplaced.

The time for coddling of their egos is OVER!

We have a collection of soft, lazy and highly over rated players who refuse to stop thinking that somehow it is them that built the LV name. They have trashed that name in the dirt.

....when I first started on your last paragraph I honestly thought you were gonna call out the posters on here or maybe even 90% of the people that show up.......oh, never mind!

I haven't watched the game yet but I did just checked the secnetwork.com site and found this video: Tide grab win vs. Lady Vols and @ the 45 second mark to the 60 second mark in that video look at all the players.... I have never seen lazier basketball in my life. They are playing like they are just at shoot around. There's no want or intention.

Walking around on offense Russell with her patented "hands up I didn't touch anybody move" has she ever even fouled out of a game? Why does she do that? Every play it's like there's only 1 person working hard and that's the person with the ball once they don't have the ball they don't give a crap anymore. I am not sure what I am gonna see when I watch the full game tonight but if it looks anything like that clip I can see why they lost. Alabama looks awful and if they truly are as bad as they look the for heavens sake someone please light a fire under these ladies.

Nothing like a UConn fan stirring the pot.

Reactions: 3 people
Yes. A complete exaggeration. I don't care what she/he/it thinks is the problem because their opinion is irrelevant and just speculation intended to inflame the fan base. They are here for one reason only and it is not because they want to share knowledge with the fan base. There is not all that much knowledge here to begin with unless you want to count frustration and acting out as something worthy of learning.

Yes. A complete exaggeration. I don't care what she/he/it thinks is the problem because their opinion is irrelevant and just speculation intended to inflame the fan base. They are here for one reason only and it is not because they want to share knowledge with the fan base. There is not all that much knowledge here to begin with unless you want to count frustration and acting out as something worthy of learning.

As far as UConn fans go, I've found Nuyoika to be respectful to LV fans and not one to troll. He seems to be a fan of WCBB in general, which is something I appreciate.

And it was a lazy effort by the LVs. Everyone who watched the game commented on how there was a lot of standing around. It doesn't become untrue just because a UConn fan pointed it out.

As far as UConn fans go, I've found Nuyoika to be respectful to LV fans and not one to troll. He seems to be a fan of WCBB in general, which is something I appreciate.

And it was a lazy effort by the LVs. Everyone who watched the game commented on how there was a lot of standing around. It doesn't become untrue just because a UConn fan pointed it out.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. I'll just agree to disagree.

I don't mean to put a player under the bus but I still can't get the understanding of how MR was rated so high (#1) coming out of HS?
It shocks the hell out of me how Russell ranked #1, Nard#3, Middleton a 5 star games have not moved very far from their sophomore years. I have to think that this staff lacks the ability to get these players to the next level. Their player development is very questionable. That is why I am cautiously awaiting next year's young recruits and not buying into great expectations until I see it. I went that route when Diamond came onboard, expected Nard, Diamond, Russell and our supporting cast, to put us as a consistent top ten team. Yet here we are having a tough time breaking into the top 25. Announcers are eluding to the fact that a short bench, or not, we are underperforming. There will come a point, if things stay as is, all Lady Vols fans, and Administration will have to get their heads out of their butts and realize that Holly and her staff are not top top ten D1 coaches. Maybe not even top D2 coaches. There is no way I see Holly stepping down no matter how bad it gets.

I am hoping that MR comes back next year, but have my doubts. Would be shocked if Diamond comes back.

It is great to have a number 1 class coming in, but most freshmen have to work there way into college life and should not be expected to be major contributors.

Also, a big 'if' is how ready Green and Harris will be especially if MR does not come back.

It shocks the hell out of me how Russell ranked #1, Nard#3, Middleton a 5 star games have not moved very far from their sophomore years. I have to think that this staff lacks the ability to get these players to the next level. Their player development is very questionable. That is why I am cautiously awaiting next year's young recruits and not buying into great expectations until I see it. I went that route when Diamond came onboard, expected Nard, Diamond, Russell and our supporting cast, to put us as a consistent top ten team. Yet here we are having a tough time breaking into the top 25. Announcers are eluding to the fact that a short bench, or not, we are underperforming. There will come a point, if things stay as is, all Lady Vols fans, and Administration will have to get their heads out of their butts and realize that Holly and her staff are not top top ten D1 coaches. Maybe not even top D2 coaches. There is no way I see Holly stepping down no matter how bad it gets.

I get that you want Holly gone now,except when you don't but let's stay somewhat grounded in reality. Nared has hit a wall in the last few games but her overall performance level this season has been way beyond her sophomore year. Russell is almost a completely different player. Diamond is playing much, much better on the defensive end and I think her overall game has ratcheted up (though she had a slow offensive start this season). And Alexa was an ineffective scorer and inept on defense as sophomore. She is no AA but she is way better this season and showing some real flashes of promise.

The problem with this team is not individual performances so much as what the sum of the parts adds up to on any given night.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back