ARKANSAS

Roster
Schedule
Game Notes (PDF)
Stats

1639191556012-png.419486

Go Lady Vols

Last edited:
I’m curious who Arkansas will have available Sunday. They have been without Ramirez and Barnum quite a bit. Two players very important to their rotation. Barnum in particular is huge for them. She’s their primary rebounder and interior defender.

She’s undersize but excellent in transition and loves the rake and take. She’s very successful securing the rebound and taking it to the hoop.

If both of those players are out and Horston is back I think we win pretty easily. I’ve watched several of their games and the chemistry just isn’t there. Wolfenbarger has great length but she still has no idea what to do with it. She cannot guard Tamari key in the paint.

Arkansas hasn't played in over two weeks. So they should be well rested. I agree without Barnum we should dominate them inside and even with her we should still do well. Ramirez is hot and cold hopefully she is cold for this one. Daniels is the main problem we'll need someone to work her hard make the game tough for her. Road games are different we need to come with a lot of energy.

Last edited:
So far this season, Tennessee has only played four road games and have won them all, so maybe our players will actually enjoy the change of scenery.

I'm concerned about Arky because I think they're due a game they put it all together, and what better time could there be than this opportunity to knock off #7 Tennessee? They'll be trying to get Tamari into foul trouble early, so she is going to have to play smart.

Even if Jordan Horston is back tomorrow she's likely to be a non-factor after being ill for a week, so Puckett has another opportunity to step up.

I'm excited but nervous about this one.

Just wanted to add that Brooklynn Miles' defense could play a huge role in this one.

So far this season, Tennessee has only played four road games and have won them all, so maybe our players will actually enjoy the change of scenery.

I'm concerned about Arky because I think they're due a game they put it all together, and what better time could there be than this opportunity to knock off #7 Tennessee? They'll be trying to get Tamari into foul trouble early, so she is going to have to play smart.

Even if Jordan Horston is back tomorrow she's likely to be a non-factor after being ill for a week, so Puckett has another opportunity to step up.

Just wanted to add that Brooklynn Miles' defense could play a huge role in this one.

Given that Horston was already feeling better by last Thursday night, hopefully she was able to get in a practice or two before the Arky game. If so, In hope she can be a factor even if she doesn't get her normal minutes.

Yeah who is available for Arkansas??? kinda hard for our team to plan if they don’t know who is playing
Barnum hasn't played in a month. Ramirez missed the last two games. They are still showing on the roster. Guess you have to plan like they will be there.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Yeah who is available for Arkansas??? kinda hard for our team to plan if they don’t know who is playing

I guess the same could be said for us to a certain extent lol. They'll game plan to have jordan and not rae most likely but just having jordan back will make it that much harder

The information I saw says that Ramirez will play. Barnum still expected to be out. Ramirez is the total reason we lost on their court last time we played there. I think she went for about 8 threes at least. Defending her and Daniels who will take probably half their shots will be important. The key will be dominating the boards both defensively and offensively. Miles has really helped keeping the turnovers low a lot more of the ball in her hands and Horston making plays in the paint would be nice to see.

The information I saw says that Ramirez will play. Barnum still expected to be out. Ramirez is the total reason we lost on their court last time we played there. I think she went for about 8 threes at least. Defending her and Daniels who will take probably half their shots will be important. The key will be dominating the boards both defensively and offensively. Miles has really helped keeping the turnovers low a lot more of the ball in her hands and Horston making plays in the paint would be nice to see.
we'll sick "the dog" on her,,,Miles will be the difference

Miles has really helped keeping the turnovers low a lot more of the ball in her hands and Horston making plays in the paint would be nice to see.

Yes, she has really been a difference maker already. And notice that Walker is shooting better this season, although inconsistent. I think knowing the entire load of PG play doesn't rest on her shoulders is liberating to her, and when MIles is in the game, Walker can focus on finding her shot. Sorta like Chandler taking over for Vescovi, freeing him up to shoot. So, that's an added benefit to Miles' development. The team is much stronger with her giving us 20 minutes a game.

This is a game I will be watching to see how Dye plays. This is exactly the type of opponent that she could do a lot of offensive damage against. Looking for 20 point out of her in this one.

Only worry about Dye for this game is how she was signaling back pain in the second half against Alabama. It appeared to me she may have tweaked it on that fast-break layup when she moving sooo fast down the left side and then had to contort her body a little to be able to make the shot. It was a great play, but soon after that she was holding the lower left side of her back.

Only worry about Dye for this game is how she was signaling back pain in the second half against Alabama. It appeared to me she may have tweaked it on that fast-break layup when she moving sooo fast down the left side and then had to contort her body a little to be able to make the shot. It was a great play, but soon after that she was holding the lower left side of her back.

She was actually doing the same thing in the Chattanooga too, reaching for her back in some kind of pain. I think she may have done this even before that game as well. I wonder if she has some back issues that get aggravated at times. In any case, she is really important for this game and our season as well.

She was actually doing the same thing in the Chattanooga too, reaching for her back in some kind of pain. I think she may have done this even before that game as well. I wonder if she has some back issues that get aggravated at times. In any case, she is really important for this game and our season as well.

On the replay you can see she puts the same back brace/wrap on that Horston has been using when she goes out. Definitely looks like she has a lower back issue :/

And they’re playing in Fayetteville, which worries me a bit.

False, they've played TWO true road games, and the last one was almost a month ago. Let's see how well the pre-conference schedule prepared them for life on the road in the SEC...

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back