Game Thread: (7/8) Lady Vols 73 - (25/23) Texas A&M 45

additional observations about JH:

She seems to be the one who makes the lion share of attempts to feed TK. This keeps TK happy. As a parent of a big, there is no better way to have them check out than to not have them get the ball after working to create the opportunity. She coulda had 8 assists to TK had Arkansas not started fouling TK in the 3rd and 4th to keep her from getting a shot attempt.

Kelly also attributed her reduced TOS to her more aggressive mindset. She believes that Jordan is holding back some and in those hesitant moments is when she is losing the ball. Which, wow. If she stepped on the accelerator instead, imagine what she is capable of. Also, this might explain why she’s bigger in big games and in the 4th quarter/end of game when they need her. Maybe she’s them looking more for herself instead of involving everyone else. Could explain some of hers and this team’s patterns this year. She’s team first, but capable of taking over.

In last night's game, JH had some terrific assists - one was a gorgeous full court pass to Darby, who had beaten the defense down to her spot on the arc, and she splashed an open three. Jordy makes too many ill-advised passes, that's true, but for each one of those she makes at least one 'wow' pass for an assist, and some of her passes are so good some of her less talented teammates just don't see them or can't catch them. She has a real talent for passing to the open teammate. It's up to coaching to help her cut down on the bad ones while not hesitating to throw the good ones, and I'm guessing that isn't an easy task for a coach with a player this talented.

In last night's game, JH had some terrific assists - one was a gorgeous full court pass to Darby, who had beaten the defense down to her spot on the arc, and she splashed an open three. Jordy makes too many ill-advised passes, that's true, but for each one of those she makes at least one 'wow' pass for an assist, and some of her passes are so good some of her less talented teammates just don't see them or can't catch them. She has a real talent for passing to the open teammate. It's up to coaching to help her cut down on the bad ones while not hesitating to throw the good ones, and I'm guessing that isn't an easy task for a coach with a player this talented.
focus is key for JH,,,,got to see when she begins to go to the clouds and bring her back down to Earth

I just don't think she should have been the starter after the first couple of games.she can't get her own shot and can't create for others and because she's easy to defend she has a low usage rate on offense which hurts us with scoring so I'm not against her just think during Rae injury she should have come off the bench.If she could take an opponent off the dribble my opinion would be different.thats too many 0's for a starter and I'm sure she's a great young lady but I'm giving my opinion by my eye test on the court and I've seen every game except Kansas and OK state
if you have a roku sign for account and you can watch replays for free on flosports. i watch those games free. do not pay just sign up with email account.

I just don't think she should have been the starter after the first couple of games.she can't get her own shot and can't create for others and because she's easy to defend she has a low usage rate on offense which hurts us with scoring so I'm not against her just think during Rae injury she should have come off the bench.If she could take an opponent off the dribble my opinion would be different.thats too many 0's for a starter and I'm sure she's a great young lady but I'm giving my opinion by my eye test on the court and I've seen every game except Kansas and OK state

What's a "usage rate"? This team has plenty of players who can take opponents off the dribble, Where they are deficient is outside shooters who can spread the floor for the slashers and the posts. Tess is serving that role. She is a smart player who does not a lot mistakes on the defensive side. Once Rae is fully back, this will be a moot issue but she has done her job,.

What's a "usage rate"? This team has plenty of players who can take opponents off the dribble, Where they are deficient is outside shooters who can spread the floor for the slashers and the posts. Tess is serving that role. She is a smart player who does not a lot mistakes on the defensive side. Once Rae is fully back, this will be a moot issue but she has done her job,.

Usage rate calculates what percentage of team plays a player was involved in while he was on the floor, provided that the play ends in one of the three true results: field-goal attempt, free-throw attempt or turnover. On average, a player will have a usage rate of 20 percent. - wiki

Usage Rate in Basketball Explained

VN Store

Back