Game Thread: (5/4) Lady Vols 74 - UMass. 65

The best lineup we had out there tonight was Key, Jackson, Miles, Powell, and Franklin. They clicked better than any other five and were the reason we got enough of a lead to win the game.

Just rewatched the second half of the game, writing down every lineup and what happened, and the score for each. The lineup that took the score from TN 54 UMass 44, to TN 65 UMass 46, (a 19 point lead), was Powell, Walker, Tess, Rickea, and Tamari. After this, we had a bad pass, 2 misses, and Umass made a 3 pointer, to make the score 65-51, a 14 point lead. Then Kellie began to substitute other players.

Through the whole second half, Franklin and Tamari did not play together except for a short time at the end of the 3rd quarter, if my notes are correct.

I know past lineups are not indicative of future lineups. There was obviously a lot of experimentation, plus these notes only included the second half.

Those 5 you mention definitely click.

Last edited:
The best lineup we had out there tonight was Key, Jackson, Miles, Powell, and Franklin. They clicked better than any other five and were the reason we got enough of a lead to win the game.

I find that very hard to believe with regard to Miles. While the live stats were up, I recall her +/- being around 0.0 during her 11 minutes.

I find that very hard to believe with regard to Miles. While the live stats were up, I recall her +/- being around 0.0 during her 11 minutes.

I have had "mighty-mite" (under 5'4") guards before and no matter how fast a 5'6' is, the shorter kid can out quick them. and get in places they can't.

It's like the "scat-back" in football...aka, the short running back.
They get the ball and they are so small, the defenders can't find them.
Same in BB

Get a Miles in the paint and it's a human among elephants
elephant-fail.gif

VN Store

Back