Game Notes

UMASS

Roster
Schedule
Game Notes

Go Lady Vols!!!

374566_20220914_WB_TeamPhoto_KL_0004__1__20uiY.jpg

Last edited:
No more than 15 turnovers against UMass.
No less than 20 assists against UMass.
No less than 40 rebounds against UMass.

If I were setting goals for this game, those would be three big ones.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
UMass is the favorite to win their conference. Game 2 won't be easy, but our home court advantage should help a great deal. I'll be at the game and will be curious to hear all the chatter about last night's game from folks around me. It's one of my favorite things about going to the games -- hearing how the diehards are feeling about the team and staff. I absolutely KNOW there will be yells of "DAMMIT, Kellie, call a time out!" coming from the stands if UMass goes on a run. (I know this because it'll be ME yelling. 😂)

Do not underestimate UMass. Returning most of their team from a team that took ND to the end in last year's NCAAT.

Some names to watch:

1668008628622.png

Breen is a very good wing. Atlantic 10 Player of the Year … Atlantic 10 All-Conference First Team
Taylor is an ideal SG. Big 3point threat. Preseason All-Conference First Team.
Philoxy is an ideal PG. Preseason All-Conference Second Team. Small and fast. Averaged almost 6 assists.
Mayo is another small, fast guard. Good 3point shooter and elite defender with 79 steals last year.
Ngala is an undersized but athletic post. We should have an advantage here.

Newcomer --- Transfer from UCONN
Piath Gabriel, at 6-5 and very strong, she should match up well in defending Key. She is expected to anchor their defense and could cause problems for Horston and Jackson when they drive. She supposedly had a LV offer out of HS.

This is a really good team lost by five to Iowa State number 13 last season and have all those players back. The 6'5" Gabriel who was on the UConn roster transferred there. I don't think they use a full court press at least not unless they watched our film of the Ohio State game then they might try to install one. I expect we'll play a lot better at home but I wouldn't expect a big blowout probably a ten point Tennessee win.

This is a really good team lost by five to Iowa State number 13 last season and have all those players back. The 6'5" Gabriel who was on the UConn roster transferred there. I don't think they use a full court press at least not unless they watched our film of the Ohio State game then they might try to install one. I expect we'll play a lot better at home but I wouldn't expect a big blowout probably a ten point Tennessee win.

I hope they DO try to install a press if they hadn't worked on it much before today, because one day of practice -- if they even practice today -- is not enough time. Let them waste time on that.

Reactions: 37620VOL
Just watched their ND extended highlights from the NCAAT. They may have won if they hadn't gotten so far behind in the 1st qtr.

Observations:
1. They do not press, even when behind.
2. The defense is mostly 2-3 matchup zone, with some man-to-man mixed in. They seemed to be soft inside but their new 6-5 girl should help them out with that.
3. On offense they can shoot (3s and mid-range) and drive but very little postup game. They like to get up the court quickly. They finish well around the basket so it's imperative that Key lends her presence in the paint.

1667316739239-jpeg.509047

GAMEDAY TIMES & BROADCAST INFO

RELATED LINKS

Buy Tickets
Walk-Through Metal Detectors In Use
Gameday Info
Follow @LadyVol_Hoops
Quick Facts
Stats
YouTube
Record Book

TENNESSEE

Roster
Schedule
Game Notes

UMASS

Roster
Schedule
Game Notes

Go Lady Vols!!!

If I could make a suggestion, is there any way that you could add a series history section to this thread.

1667316739239-jpeg.509047

GAMEDAY TIMES & BROADCAST INFO

RELATED LINKS

Buy Tickets
Walk-Through Metal Detectors In Use
Gameday Info
Follow @LadyVol_Hoops
Quick Facts
Stats
YouTube
Record Book

TENNESSEE

Roster
Schedule
Game Notes

UMASS

Roster
Schedule
Game Notes

Go Lady Vols!!!

• Date: Tuesday, 10 November 2022
the 10th in 2020 was on a tuesday

They only played 7 in their game against Central Connecticut Monday night, which I thought was odd because they have 14 on the roster and won by 20 and 2 UMASS players fouled out

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
They got nothing but arm on Rickea's drive and no foul called.

I can see why Key was pulled early. She didn't block out on one possession and didn't get her hands up on another. She seems sluggish this year for some reason.

VN Store

Back