Game Thread: #24/25 TENNESSEE AT FLORIDA

Only saw the last half but looked pretty good. Sloppy at times but that is how the games usually look to me. Florida looks terrible besides the girl that kept jacking the threes.

Not so quick to jump to conclusions. UConn is a good team. They may not be the great UConn teams of yesteryear but they are a good team. They are not rated #4 for nothing.
Yes they are. They’re not the 4th best team at all. People seem to believe they will beat us 20+ but not so fast. Thursday will be a wake up call for both teams!

Not so quick to jump to conclusions. UConn is a good team. They may not be the great UConn teams of yesteryear but they are a good team. They are not rated #4 for nothing.
That # 4 team only up 7 against UCF with 5 to go in the 4th yeah they’re “really really” good

Everybody scored except Saunders should've got her in there in a little quicker. I thought we really played well except they got 18 offensive rebounds need to prevent that even though they didn't make much use of them as far as scoring points.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
UConn is a lot better this year at home than on the road. Baylor blew them out in the fourth quarter it was a three point lead going in. We'll really have to play well to win up there just hope we show up with intensity.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Florida beat Auburn and Vandy. The LVs can't afford to lose against any of the current bottom seven teams in the conference, having now played four of them. I would hazard a guess that they will contest each other for wins but cause very few upsets of the top tier of the SEC. LSU and Ky got a break playing Texas A&M with Carter out and the LVs don't play them until the middle of February.

One a charge that was questionable

UT may hit 79 but FLA may not break 50

Another game to develop our "finish the kill"

Right on both accounts ;o)

Florida beat Auburn and Vandy. The LVs can't afford to lose against any of the current bottom seven teams in the conference, having now played four of them. I would hazard a guess that they will contest each other for wins but cause very few upsets of the top tier of the SEC. LSU and Ky got a break playing Texas A&M with Carter out and the LVs don't play them until the middle of February.

I have had a high ankle sprain it may heal in a few weeks but it isn't steady until half a year...6-8 weeks to heal, couple of months with an ankle sleeve/brace and then you're ready to be you

J Mass 8 assists 0 TO
This right here is amazing to me. Never, ever did I think such a thing was possible last year. To have her continue to improve like this as a sidekick to the also-improving Horsten is beyond my wildest expectations.

Overall team improvement is not quite as dramatic, but after tonight's game is undeniable. The whole mindset and aura of this team is different from the nightmare of the last few seasons. They're watchable again; hell, they can be actually fun!

A solid win over Alabama (hey monkey, down from the back!) would sure be a nice lead in to the UConn game. By the way, hate on em all you want, but they're definitely still an elite team. A close showing there would be awesome, can't even imagine an actual win but would sure take it.

Overall I'm delighted and pleasantly surprised at where the LVs are midseason, especially considering the loss of Westbrook and Green. Good job so far KJH and staff. Keep it rolling!

Lady Vols handling Florida while UConn struggles with Central Florida !!! I think we may have a better shot than most people believe. UConn is just a name now they’re not that good at all
I wouldn’t go that far...they’re having a down year for sure but they’re top 4 can play with anyone. I do think we have a better chance than I originally thought...I think we lose by 10-15.

Sorry,,,my daughter, in Atl called and even for a coach who loves the game as much as I do,,,family is first.

Coach K has earned my support. Fact is, from day one she had that...Now she earns my respect.
Ala was a hard hit for me.
This one's personal
And the connies are potentially vulnerable.
Time to pick apart their next two games.
I will find a weakness we can exploit

This right here is amazing to me. Never, ever did I think such a thing was possible last year. To have her continue to improve like this as a sidekick to the also-improving Horsten is beyond my wildest expectations.

Overall team improvement is not quite as dramatic, but after tonight's game is undeniable. The whole mindset and aura of this team is different from the nightmare of the last few seasons. They're watchable again; hell, they can be actually fun!

A solid win over Alabama (hey monkey, down from the back!) would sure be a nice lead in to the UConn game. By the way, hate on em all you want, but they're definitely still an elite team. A close showing there would be awesome, can't even imagine an actual win but would sure take it.

Overall I'm delighted and pleasantly surprised at where the LVs are midseason, especially considering the loss of Westbrook and Green. Good job so far KJH and staff. Keep it rolling!

The right words

I wouldn’t go that far...they’re having a down year for sure but they’re top 4 can play with anyone. I do think we have a better chance than I originally thought...I think we lose by 10-15.
This is a possible win for us--I wouldn't put money on it, but I wouldn't count us out either. Wasn't able to say that at the beginning of the season, that's for sure! I think us breaking the losing streak against Alabama will go a long way toward setting up a good mindset for Connecticut. I got us within 6 points.

VN Store

Back