Game Thread: #23/25 LADY VOLS VS. #8/8 MISSISSIPPI STATE

Didn't say it was. Said last few teams would have lost by 30, and I stand by that.

Actually, 17 is about what I expected when I heard Davis was out.

We are just fragile. Capable, but fragile. We played great first quarter, but once we get off track, which we did when Horston started making t.o.s in the second quarter and our offense went stagnet. Once we're off track, we just struggle to get back on, even with a full hand to play.

Horston doesn't start next game. Rae starts instead.
Our two best players not available....

Didn't say it was. Said last few teams would have lost by 30, and I stand by that.

Actually, 17 is about what I expected when I heard Davis was out.

We are just fragile. Capable, but fragile. We played great first quarter, but once we get off track, which we did when Horston started making t.o.s in the second quarter and our offense went stagnet. Once we're off track, we just struggle to get back on, even with a full hand to play.

Horston doesn't start next game. Rae starts instead.
24 games in to the season, the team should never be "Fragile". That's on the coaches! Thus my original point that Harper hasn't shown much of an improvement yet. If she can't get this team to improve - which they have not - her tenure may not last that long.

Post development in this team is non-existent.

This was not Key fault tonight this falls on the coach and the turnovers Key sat because of fouls. As i said from day one Brown starting over Rae is a problem you would like a little more speed on the floor. And Mcoy plays to wild and she is always late on defense.

They are ranked 8th in the country for a reason. Not to mention Vic is a great coach...

They’re ranked 8th because they play like they want to win. They aren’t oozing with talent and they are a young team as well. They’re willing to do the little things though and our players clearly aren’t right now.

Leading scorer and possible All SEC not available against 2nd best team in the conference when you're already a young and thin team is no excuse? Sheesh, that's harsh.

I’m sorry but it’s not an excuse to lose by nearly 20 at home. Less offense? Better come with more defense.

Leading scorer and possible All SEC not available against 2nd best team in the conference when you're already a young and thin team is no excuse? Sheesh, that's harsh.
Not when you have had Davis in the other 4 loses. With Davis this game ,Tn still does not win. Poor D and turnovers.

I love my Lady Vols but they are light on toughness, desire and want to. I can see in KJH that she is frustrated. It is tough to change a culture when it has gone South. After looking at today’s game, our bench is very weak against good teams. The toughest player on our team is Burrell, hands down. With the exception of Burrell our bench is just a collection of players that can give the starters a few minutes of rest. I would say that our best bet is to start Burrell and Davis together. I think that would improve us on both ends of the floor. KJH simply to not have the type of players in and out of the lineup as she did at Mo. State.

Reactions: JohnnyPayne
They are ranked 8th in the country for a reason. Not to mention Vic is a great coach...
That's true, but he still doesn't have superstars on his team. His best player is a freshman. Danberry is a solid returning player. Everyone else is a bit player.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
Most of you posting do not realize how bad our roster as a whole is. We were not ranked preseason lose your best player to injury early and tonight your AA is out with flu. We had only one player who can give you minutes off bench KK the rest of them will never play at this level they our OVC type of players. One starter Lou is playing with One good leg. Yes 17 wins great job Kellie. And by the way 17 wins even with turnover problems.

VN Store

Back