Game Thread: #23/24 TENNESSEE AT PORTLAND STATE

No doubt about it, the next 7 games will tell if the Lady Vols have any chance to defeat UConn, especially the Kentucky and Alabama games.

Last edited:
Reactions: RollerVol
Howard is very important to me because it is the last game we have a chance to play extended minutes on the floor with a group before we start having to play extended minutes on the floor with a group.

Who really expects Tennessee to defeat UConn on their home court. Is Holdsclaw, Catchings, and Parker coming back. They play a lot better there than they do anywhere else. I haven't really seen any Tennessee player give full effort this season other than Burrell. I hope we can play them a good game but winning seems a bit of a stretch because our bench other than Burrell, who should be starting ,is almost useless right now.

Don't need 7 more games..........Answer is heck NO! Well ok, 1 in 1 million chance. ( or maybe 10 million)
I believe the Lady Vols have a very good chance to defeat UConn if they go undefeated in the 7 games preceding the game with UConn.

I watched the highlights and I understand the level of competition but it’s the best our offense has looked against any team so far this season. We did a great job spreading the floor and made nice passes and cuts. We can definitely build on this.

Going to be in town and the Howard game is my only option...so Howard it will be! Go Lady Vols! Now if I could find 4 affordable tickets to the guys game on Saturday that won’t give me a nose bleed...

What's with UT lying about players height on their website? It's clear Key is 2 inches taller than anyone on the roster. Is Key taller than listed or are others shorter than listed?

Good looking roster.

Reactions: gule
What's with UT lying about players height on their website? It's clear Key is 2 inches taller than anyone on the roster. Is Key taller than listed or are others shorter than listed?

Good looking roster.

I don`t think anyone is lying Key is listed as what she was in high school but she is really 6-6 or 6-7

Reactions: BreatheUT
I believe Key is fully 6'6", maybe even 6'7"....based on the two pictures below
Pic 1 has Mercedes Russell, who is listed 6'6" in the WNBA guide.
Looking at the feet placement, the teams were posed on the exact same spot.
Depending on ht height and distance of the camera that took the shot, the level against the bleachers is very nearly exact in each photo.
Key is visually an inch or so taller than where Russell came up to.
2017_18_Tennessee_Lady_Vols.jpg

2019_20_Tennessee_Lady_Vols.jpg

Reactions: BreatheUT
I believe Key is fully 6'6", maybe even 6'7"....based on the two pictures below
Pic 1 has Mercedes Russell, who is listed 6'6" in the WNBA guide.
Looking at the feet placement, the teams were posed on the exact same spot.
Depending on ht height and distance of the camera that took the shot, the level against the bleachers is very nearly exact in each photo.
Key is visually an inch or so taller than where Russell came up to.
2017_18_Tennessee_Lady_Vols.jpg

2019_20_Tennessee_Lady_Vols.jpg

I agree

VN Store

Back