Game Notes

COLORADO

Roster
Schedule
Game Notes

Go Lady Vols!!!

374566_20220914_WB_TeamPhoto_KL_0004__1__20uiY.jpg

Last edited:
Another three point shooting bunch and yes this game is a must win because it is a home game and were not a good road team. We have to win the games at home.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Colorado comes in with a 4-1 record with the lone loss to Texas Tech at Lubbock by 1 point in OT.

The wins are New Mexico State by 30 at home, Jackson State by 24 at home, Louisiana by 30 in Lubbock, and Air Force by 8 at home.

Last edited:
Colorado comes in with a 4-1 record with the lone loss to Texas Tech coming at Lubbock by 1 point in OT.

The wins are New Mexico State by 30 at home, Jackson State by 24 at home, Louisiana by 30 in Lubbock, and Air Force by 8 at home.
Not ever easy they are a team that beat Stanford two years ago sure some of those players are gone, but we will have to play well and I think we will.

Praying for a win , not getting any feelings involved as clearly the players will be at fault if they do not succeed . Overall Go LV"S i want to see passion , hunger and intensity on both ends from each and every player that sees the floor tomorrow please.

Yep, when Kellie was the point guard. That was the game before they beat undefeated UConn to go to the Final Four.

They also played a couple of times in the early 90's when Ceal Barry had some really good teams there...
Yep Ceal had tough teams every year in Colorado , they have a player there now that's projected to get drafted this season in the WNBA . We will have to come with our best defensive game or she will burn us for 30 . SF/PF type player but can score and is aggressive on the boards and too the hoop.

They drilled us in Boulder in 1981 before Ceal Berry. Former Colorado men’s coach Sox Walseth had come out of retirement to coach the women for a few years there. He had a terrific 6-4 center in Lisa VanGoor who had her way. Mary O and Tanya Haave were sophomores that year.

I wonder if Kellie will change the starting lineup for this game. I doubt she will but expect her to adjust playing time some.

I would guess no change and fully expect her to continue with the same sub pattern to get the bench minutes. I like the two team concept myself if she's building PT for the subs.
She needs to move Rickea to the 3 and Jordan to the Two. That is what they are on pre-season watch lists for and insert Franklin at the 4 to establish a rebounding presence from the start of the game. Playing Jordan and Rickea the way she played Jordan and Rae and Rae and Rennia with a great rebounder at the 4 spot would be the way to go. In the last 2 seasons, she has used a facilitator from the 4 and one whose primary concern was rebounding and any points that position got were gravy. Trying to be too loyal to last year's starters just to be loyal is going to hurt this team. This is a new team. Franklin isn't on a preseason watch list at that position just because. She needs to be in the starting lineup. And please, please, please, stop with the platoon subbing. I get it'ss early, but that takes away any rhythm a starting five can have.

So here is what likely happens….UT is prob twice as talented and is coming out of a tough 6 game stretch 2-4. Everyone is doubting about now, but at TBA after this team has had 6 games to figure out the new pieces, Colorado is toast.

I don’t see any other option here, UT by 10+. Prob 15+. If I am wrong, which I doubt, but is possible of course, UT wins by fewer than 10. Colorado has no business winning at UT under any circumstances. UT by 15+

Last edited:

VN Store

Back