Game Thread: #23/23 LADY VOLS VS. LSU

Thank You Holly for that magnificent scheduling we survived and four days until we play Vandy.

If Vandy is without Fasoula they will be badly outmatched. Newby has been out as well, not sure when she might come back. Without either of them, they have no interior defense or rebounding.

Last edited:
Kudos to Kellie and her staff for focusing on the positives of the last game, and keeping the spirits (and energy) up for the Team, and to the Team for putting the last game in the rear view, and pulling off 2 of these last 3 very tough games. GO LADY VOLS!

Just got home from the trip to the game and dinner, and I am worn out. I worried myself into exhaustion during the game because I couldn’t shake the fear of losing it. When it got close in the last couple of minutes I think I may have lost consciousness a couple of times. lol

But seriously, for those who didn’t have a chance to make it, it was another fantastic crowd. Everyone was into the game and kept the noise level up pretty much throughout. I do believe I’ve heard more loud, sustained booing of officials this year than in any season in my memory. It was GREAT!

And as I sat to watch and listened to Mickey give the final stats I was shocked to finally realize that Rennia had 30 points and 9 boards. Wow! I had been in a much deeper “worry trance” than I thought! I was a nervous wreck. lol

I’m extremely happy we won but am going to have to watch it on TV tonight to get more into my memory about it than just a bunch of undersized LSU players beating us for rebounds way too often. ‘Bout drove me NUTS.

Highlight for me? Jaiden McCoy, of course. I’ve been hoping for this entire season to see her get a real chance to shine, and I believe she showed that she could handle the job — and will get better and better the more game experience with the first string she receives. LOVE her.

Lvocd, After today KK should be the new towel girl or manager...Every time she was in the game, forget about it.
That’s kinda harsh, Gametime. :( Can’t we try to be a little kinder in our criticisms here? I mean, it’s not like she’s not hurting enough already. (I guarantee you players read this board, and KK is known to suffer from lack of confidence.)

That’s kinda harsh, Gametime. :( Can’t we try to be a little kinder in our criticisms here? I mean, it’s not like she’s not hurting enough already. (I guarantee you players read this board, and KK is known to suffer from lack of confidence.)

I know this for a fact. After I posted that I would be watching the pre-game warmups, two different players scanned (several times) section 107. I made eye contact with one of them

Reactions: Remy and lvocd
Would be curious to know Coach Fargas’ opinion on the LV team this year. I feel like we are a much tougher team this season. I’m getting the sense that we’re gonna have at least one nice upset soon.

Would be curious to know Coach Fargas’ opinion on the LV team this year. I feel like we are a much tougher team this season. I’m getting the sense that we’re gonna have at least one nice upset soon.
I was wondering that, too. Of course, it might be poor form to ask her since she may still be a little hurt that she wasn’t hired to replace Holly. I don’t know, though. She’s a pretty tough LVFL! But still... not sure I’d want to be the one to ask.

Reactions: VolBall09
I was wondering that, too. Of course, it might be poor form to ask her since she may still be a little hurt that she wasn’t hired to replace Holly. I don’t know, though. She’s a pretty tough LVFL! But still... not sure I’d want to be the one to ask.

Yes. I read her post game presser and she was very complimentary of Rennia and Jazz individually, but avoided making any comment about the team overall.

This is for people like VolNation to do.
There is honor amongst thieves
So assuredly there is honor amongst coaches

I was happy to see coach jerk Horston off the court after a hurried shot followed by a turnover (was begging for the same Mon and Wed). She is super-talented but she needs more instant correction imo.

One of her biggest faults is leaving her feet under duress and making a bad pass.

Who're you calling coach jerk?
OIC

Where’d we find Jessie rennie? And why?

Rennie is a freshman. Her teammates need to do a better job of finding her. If you look at her play this season, she has made outstanding passes into the pain which resulted in scores almost every time. She is improving her shot. Has solid basketball IQ. She got an important steal and pass to Horston in the LSU game.

Jessie does some good things and plays smart. If she can improve her footwork to stay in front of players instead of the ol' try-to-poke-it-loose-from-behind defense after her girl drives past and can consistently average 3-5 from three-point land, she can be a valuable asset.

Rennie is a player than can play a role for Tennessee. She is never going to be a starter or play a lot of minutes against the better competition. She can give you a few minutes off the bench and can be an asset if you can create a shot for her. She is not a player that can create a shot for herself so you need a play where you get her open and that is when she is very dangerous. The one thing she brings is a deadly three point stroke when she has the time to get it off.

Last edited:
Rennie is a freshman. Her teammates need to do a better job of finding her. If you look at her play this season, she has made outstanding passes into the pain which resulted in scores almost every time. She is improving her shot. Has solid basketball IQ. She got an important steal and pass to Horston in the LSU game.

Made an excellent pass to Key for a layup when we needed one too. She was patient, let the play develop, then dropped the pass right on the money for the lay-in and the third foul on Mitchell.

She plays an old style structured type of bball, not a run & gun freestyle one. I personally think she is a breath of fresh air to the program.

I do appreciate your opinion. I look forward to seeing her develop. Probably hitting a big shot in crunch time would do much for her confidence.

She plays an old style structured type of bball, not a run & gun freestyle one. I personally think she is a breath of fresh air to the program.

I bet you would have loved this team. Very, uh, structured indeed.....

BbALL.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: T_Vol376
Can't wait for the throwback game.

That would be a game to watch! You got your women who play defense and your women who play offense. No mingling and jumping around run and gun like.

I tell ya (Shaking fist at the sky) the world has gone to heck in hand a basket since they the ladies start playing full court and running around all over the place helter skelter like.

VN Store

Back