Game Thread: 2023 Women's NCAA Tournament...Round of 16: Lady Vols v Va. Tech...Sat @ 6:30 ESPN2

Playing out of control, bad shots, and no energy. Tech w second chance rebounds and TN turning it over.

22 points in first half but still have 20 min.

Edit - I’m surprised that we are playing so lethargic and Jackson and Horston are no shows first half. I truly thought TN would (and they still can) win this game.

Ended the half on 4:30 scoring drought. 30% from the floor. 16% on threes. Simply awful at shooting the ball. This will end up a 20 point loss.

Reactions: I4Vols
Down 13 and only 22 points in the half. Pathetic. No other word to describe it. So frustrating to watch. This kind of game you have to want it and we don’t. Amoore is taking the piss and is an annoying little gnat.
Yeah, I wish we had 2 of her at guard.

this team has the talent to win this game. unfortunately Coach Harper has to do this constant rotation of players because they haven't invested much in player conditioning. during regular season someone mentioned the constant subs regardless of who the opponent is. that's not gonna beat decent teams.

31% from the floor. You can't win in March shooting 31% from the floor. Gotta pick this up, Tennessee. VIrginia Tech's not a bad team but they are not the reason you're shooting 31% from the floor.
We have the wrong people shooting the ball and settling for outside shots when they should be driving the ball and posting up low with Jackson.

Reactions: Voltopia
We’re playing scared. Sad to see at this point in the tourney.

This is not a well prepared or game coached team. The line up is absurd for too many minutes esp given their big is out. Franklin? Puckett? Too much, wrong time. RJ not motivated. JH not focused.

Reactions: JCP201

VN Store

Back