Game Thread: 2023 Women's NCAA Tournament...Round of 16: Lady Vols v Va. Tech...Sat @ 6:30 ESPN2

Smart coaching move to go to a token full court press by Coach Harper. It slowed St Louis down and kept them from running the offensive sets that they were running in 1st quarter to their two good players.Impressed by their center.
Their Center is the number 1 shot blocker in the Country this year and is a 5th year senior.

Smart coaching move to go to a token full court press by Coach Harper. It slowed St Louis down and kept them from running the offensive sets that they were running in 1st quarter to their two good players.Impressed by their center.
Their center is an SEC quality player for sure. She has been the player hardest to stop.

No Justine sighting yet. Perhaps in the 3rd quarter.

Was hoping she played in late 2nd qtr. She needs to experience this and not just at game end.
I’m not sure Pissott should ever see the court in the Tourney.

Certainly not until the lead is 30 or more

Totally disagree, unless you're a Villanova fan, I don't see your point. Given the others that we played as freshman last year and the up/down contribution of some at times this year, she's needs to get experience, understanding of the college game and to experience what it means to be in the tourney.
Yes, I said Villanova

Reactions: Lucy
Was accidental defense by Puckett. She was so slow on the return up the floor defensively that she accidentally ended up in the passing lane for the steal… and was then so slow that a breakaway layup ended in no points. Folks aren’t attacking her personally, just acknowledging her level of play has dropped off dramatically.
The thing is with Jackson on the team along with Horston the team has been a little more in transition than last year and that speed element is hurting Puckett more than anything because we didn’t run as much last year with the injuries we had especially to Horston and Burrell and she was comfortable in the half court sets

Was accidental defense by Puckett. She was so slow on the return up the floor defensively that she accidentally ended up in the passing lane for the steal… and was then so slow that a breakaway layup ended in no points. Folks aren’t attacking her personally, just acknowledging her level of play has dropped off dramatically.

That's a dumb take. She was slow down the floor because she dived into the cheerleaders to save the rebound.

Hustled back

Was hoping she played in late 2nd qtr. She needs to experience this and not just at game end.

Totally disagree, unless you're a Villanova fan, I don't see your point. Given the others that we played as freshman last year and the up/down contribution of some at times this year, she's needs to get experience, understanding of the college game and to experience what it means to be in the tourney.
Yes, I said Villanova

6-21 (29%) and .5 A/T ratio in SEC play and a lot of that came in garbage time against weaker opponents/2nd string

She has to be way better to see the court

Idc if she is a freshman, there has to be a baseline expectation

Reactions: Voluble2

So you’re saying like Spurrier said about his speed, he said “his speed was deceptive, he’s way slower that he looks” quote from San Fran backup QB Steve Spurrier.

Was banking on this not being a nail biter so I can watch the start of the men’s game.

Ladies took care of business, hope we can go 2/2 today

Reactions: ttharp

VN Store

Back