Game Thread: (16/19) Lady Vols at (20/18) Kentucky

Rickster

VFL
Last edited:
I'd love to see an encore, but I have a feeling Kentucky is going to be digging their heels in this one. I'm not saying they're going to win, but it's going to be a hell of a lot closer than the last game.

I'll say 71-67 Tennessee...assuming Tamari continues her recent play.

I'd love to see an encore, but I have a feeling Kentucky is going to be digging their heels in this one. I'm not saying they're going to win, but it's going to be a hell of a lot closer than the last game.

I'll say 71-67 Tennessee...assuming Tamari continues her recent play.

I agree... if you hit them early you may be able to take them out but i have a feeling this is going to be back and forth. Especially in their house. But if our ladies are chomping at the bit to be able to play so that might be a plus .

If we win this one will be by a small margin they are much better team at home. They shoot it a lot better there and have much more game energy. The key will be what kind of shooting night Howard has she is always the determining factor for them. Tennessee 68 Ky 65

I don't see it happening but I would love to see a blow out! I want to see Jessie, Tess, and Especially Emily get some time. I truly think we will need to rely on Emily at some point down the stretch, especially if Marta is in fact going to be out for the year. There is going to come a game where the refs are calling everything and we will see TK and KK on the bench with multiple fouls and we will need Emily to come in and not miss a beat.

I am hoping we win 85-57, but think it will be more like 79-75 as I think we will be looking a slight bit ahead to the two top 10 matchups.

What's the latest on Marta?

In the presser Kellie said she’s day to day and “really limited” but she said she told Marta they “aren’t counting her out.” But she doesn’t know how much she’ll be able to go.

Sounds like Marta is begging to play and they are keeping her out. That’s the way I interpreted it anyway. Hopefully a good sign that she’s starting to feel better.

I believe the Lady Vols have the potential to run the table for the remainder of the season. They will get a No. 1 seed in the NCAA tournament if they do so. I know this is a bold statement. However, they have the talent and I predict that Coach Kellie will begin to establish herself as the next great WCBB coach at UT.

VN Store

Back