Game Thread: (16/19) Lady Vols at (20/18) Kentucky

Totally disagree. Lack of quality depth got us in this game. Loss of Green, Davis, and Suarez is a huge hit. She subbed what she has. Hey at least Tess actually hit a 3. Our starting guards are abysmal shooters as you've probably noticed. I wish Jessie had gotten a shot or two off.

I thought CJH did a great job making adjustments and getting their focus back at halftime. But KY got hot and we ran out of scoring options.
EXACTLY

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Kentucky still looked poorly coached tonight. Their players were obviously more interested in this game because it was us. Their offensive execution is nothing to write home about though. Only opened it up when we were totally out of sorts defensively.

Once in the second quarter due to minor foul trouble. In hindsight Kellie should have kept them on the floor even with the fouls. That many subs killed us on both ends for too long.

Then once in the fourth when we were out of gas and couldn’t get back defensively and get out to shooters anymore. Kinda looked like the first game after Christmas break. Hopefully it woke everyone’s legs up because it’s about to be a very long 10 days.

Last edited:
No. They should have fresh legs. At this point in the season a week off is a blessing because everyone's legs are tired.

We just didn't compete, and we had an extremely poor plan as far as substitutions and how to handle Davis being out.

Elzy schooled Kellie tonight.

She def won but remember Kellie beat Elzy with a fully loaded team who didn’t come off of covid quarantine. They didn’t practice til tuesday... I honestly expected UK to do a lot better but they did what they needed to do to get back in the winning column

Totally disagree. Lack of quality depth got us in this game. Loss of Green, Davis, and Suarez is a huge hit. She subbed what she has. Hey at least Tess actually hit a 3. Our starting guards are abysmal shooters as you've probably noticed. I wish Jessie had gotten a shot or two off.

I thought CJH did a great job making adjustments and getting their focus back at halftime. But KY got hot and we ran out of scoring options.
I would have liked to have seen more plays run for Darby in the corner.

When she left to play for a real coach.

That’s laughable. She had only made 6 all season before tonight. Barely over 35%. I wouldn’t call her a 3 point shooter. Unlikely she’ll attempt 5 in a game ever again in her career. She’s still basically useless at Kentucky. Probably her best game of the season and only because we opted to leave her unguarded. She made us pay, but she got 0 respect.

Last edited:
I disagree we took the lead in the 3rd, But when KY went zone TN could not can't figure it out.

And in the 4th their shots came up short. I think it was a combination of their defense, not playing since the like the 28th for us, and honestly not having Rennia and having people playing out of their normal roles.
To UKs credit they did what they were supposed to do which is beat TN on their home court without their senior leader and one of their top players.

Again, i think Kellie will get some quality depth players in here so when they go to the bench it won’t be such a drastic drop off... just my opinion

Horston disappoints me every game she plays in. TO and missed shots. Lordy .... you'd think she knows better.

It’s so obviously there and she’s so obviously close. Gotta get over the hump.

If she has a really bad back I get it, that sucks. If it’s holding her back this bad she really needs some serious help though.

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
So they knew in November that they would have to take a Covid break before this game? They knew in November that Davis wouldn’t play tonight?
Come on. Be real.

Do not blame COVID for this loss or Davis’s absence. This was a very winnable game with proper preparation.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back