Game Thread: (16/12) Lady Vols 74 - (12/21) Texas 70

Not
I'll bet you can't find any other player in the nation, men or women, who is averaging 7.7 turnovers a game. I would guess that easily tops the country, and it's absolutely ridiculous for an upperclassman guard who isn't even the primary point guard. She is great at so many things, but her attitude and carelessness with the ball is why she will never be an elite player...
TOS per game is a misleading statistic and Derth knows it. Better measures are TOS per minute played or Assist/TO. He just chose that because it looks bad. Jack wagon as always.

Not
TOS per game is a misleading statistic and Derth knows it. Better measures are TOS per minute played or Assist/TO. He just chose that because it looks bad. Jack wagon as always.

We all know JH commits too many turnovers.
We all know that she has made up for them through excellence in other areas.
We all know up to half the TOs are not "on her". (ie catchable balls, etc)
We all know Darth is full of it... mainly a parody account that stays "in character". Read all of his posts in an Oscar the Grouch voice and they are much more bearable.

Jordan 2021 Stats

BAD
Turnover Rate 25.6% 2067 / 2852 (out of # NCAA players)
Turnovers per 40 Min 9.62 839 / 2852
Turnovers 23 4349 / 4359
Turnovers per Game 7.7 2852 / 2852 (so this actually is the worst, but as you pointed out, a flawed statistic)

GREAT
Points per Game 22.0 17 / 2852
FG Made per Game 8.7 14 / 2852
2-Point % 50.0% 695 / 2359
Total Reb Rate 17.4% 165 / 2852
Total Rebs per Game 11.7 19 / 2852 (has to be the best rebounding PG, right?)
Assists per Game 3.3 265 / 2852
Usage Rate 42.5% 2 / 2852
Assist Rate 40.0% 38 / 2852
Player Def Rtg 65.2 100 / 2852
PER (Player Efficiency Rating) 26.7 326 / 2852

Her only negative is TOs, so many more positives thus far!

Why are we making this hard? The Lady Vols continue, early in the season, to make a very high number of turnovers. Anyone disagree? Every player making them, especially making lots of them, needs to stop doing so immediately. Turnovers cost possessions which cost games, other stellar stats not withstanding.

JH is keenly aware of her career long t.o. problem and I'm sure she's eager to smooth that rough edge left on her game. Hopefully both Jordans will continue to improve their handles. (And their 3 pt %).

Not sure any metric of efficiency makes up for half a dozen t.o.s. Of course they do alot right and wonderfully but simple old me keeps thinking it would be alot more wonderful and alot less stressful if we just took care of the ball better.

Last edited:
We all know JH commits too many turnovers.
We all know that she has made up for them through excellence in other areas.
We all know up to half the TOs are not "on her". (ie catchable balls, etc)
We all know Darth is full of it... mainly a parody account that stays "in character". Read all of his posts in an Oscar the Grouch voice and they are much more bearable.

Jordan 2021 Stats

BAD
Turnover Rate 25.6% 2067 / 2852 (out of # NCAA players)
Turnovers per 40 Min 9.62 839 / 2852
Turnovers 23 4349 / 4359
Turnovers per Game 7.7 2852 / 2852 (so this actually is the worst, but as you pointed out, a flawed statistic)

GREAT
Points per Game 22.0 17 / 2852
FG Made per Game 8.7 14 / 2852
2-Point % 50.0% 695 / 2359
Total Reb Rate 17.4% 165 / 2852
Total Rebs per Game 11.7 19 / 2852 (has to be the best rebounding PG, right?)
Assists per Game 3.3 265 / 2852
Usage Rate 42.5% 2 / 2852
Assist Rate 40.0% 38 / 2852
Player Def Rtg 65.2 100 / 2852
PER (Player Efficiency Rating) 26.7 326 / 2852

Her only negative is TOs, so many more positives thus far!
Appreciate your work here. DV of course uses it to
Insult Jordy. It anyone can not see that she is an elite player I don’t know what to tell you.

she will never be an elite player...
Appreciate your work here. DV of course uses it to
Insult Jordy. It anyone can not see that she is an elite player I don’t know what to tell you.

I'm in the middle. Not sure I would say fully 'elite' yet, but I have renewed hope she might actually get there. She does seem to be growing into her talent, and man, what a physical specimen!

Need her to now develop consistency, not just brilliant bursts, to reach the next level. I don't need her to be spectacular, just steady and dependable. I'd love to see her be a calm but dangerous presence ON THE WING for the upcoming tourney.

Speaking of JH on the wing, that's a simple solution for cutting her t.o.s - handle the ball less. Stay off the point.

What Kellie likes about Puckett is that she doesn't make a lot of mistakes and plays really good defense for a freshman. She is locked in to the team concept and isn't a liability with turnovers or taking bad shots. She is also our best three point shooter on a limited amount of attempts 3 of 9. I'd like to see both Karoline and Kaiya play and believe we'll see a lot of them in a few of the upcoming home games. I think they may be a little behind in understanding the system and that is why they have not played more. I look for both to do more as the season progresses.

She has hit a couple of huge 3 pointers in these games, right when we needed them. That's some great poise there for a freshman. I think she'll get better and better as she gains experience.

Interesting thing, we talk about Puckett, Striplin and Wynn needing to learn the system, maybe they are a little tentative or tight. Freshmen are freshmen. We hope they get more minutes in the upcoming few games yada, yada. And Miles!! She just walked on The Summit first game and owned it. No nerves, no tentative, just I got this. Defensively she’s like I’m going to take your candy and you’re going to like it. Hasn’t scored a lot but seems to know where to be and where others need to be. And best of all, she really is just a freshman! We have her for the next four years! She will be quite the floor general.

I'll bet you can't find any other player in the nation, men or women, who is averaging 7.7 turnovers a game. I would guess that easily tops the country, and it's absolutely ridiculous for an upperclassman guard who isn't even the primary point guard. She is great at so many things, but her attitude and carelessness with the ball is why she will never be an elite player...

She is already an elite player dippy...she came in as the #2 player overall in the country,,,can't get much more elite than that...and by the way...
youre-not-important-you-dont-matter.gif

I'm in the middle. Not sure I would say fully 'elite' yet, but I have renewed hope she might actually get there. She does seem to be growing into her talent, and man, what a physical specimen!

Need her to now develop consistency, not just brilliant bursts, to reach the next level. I don't need her to be spectacular, just steady and dependable. I'd love to see her be a calm but dangerous presence ON THE WING for the upcoming tourney.

Speaking of JH on the wing, that's a simple solution for cutting her t.o.s - handle the ball less. Stay off the point.
When she makes her teammates better she has arrived!

She is already an elite player dippy...she came in as the #2 player overall in the country,,,can't get much more elite than that...and by the way...
youre-not-important-you-dont-matter.gif

That's an elite recruit, not automatically an elite college player. Believe me, we've seen the difference plenty of times around here the last few years.

I've said for awhile that getting JH (and TK) over the hump from elite recruit to actual elite player is vital not just for this season, but for this program. Based on the last 5 yrs or so, the LVs are known in recruiting circles as the place elite recruits go to disappear in the black hole of unfulfilled potential. If KJH can fix that, especially x2, her ability to start landing true elite recruits will be helped tremendously.

I feel like we're close, oh so close with these two players. Just need some consistency, not just brilliant bursts.

Last edited:
Interesting thing, we talk about Puckett, Striplin and Wynn needing to learn the system, maybe they are a little tentative or tight. Freshmen are freshmen. We hope they get more minutes in the upcoming few games yada, yada. And Miles!! She just walked on The Summit first game and owned it. No nerves, no tentative, just I got this. Defensively she’s like I’m going to take your candy and you’re going to like it. Hasn’t scored a lot but seems to know where to be and where others need to be. And best of all, she really is just a freshman! We have her for the next four years! She will be quite the floor general.
She's got some dogg!! Need more like her!

Reactions: Lucy
Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

VN Store

Back