Game Thread: (16/12) Lady Vols 74 - (12/21) Texas 70

Def not a miracle win. Their grit determined this win. While it wasn't pretty it counts against a team that moved from #25 to #12... Now texas can go out and win your conference and boost our ratings

Their win over Stanford is already big for them and for us. If Stanford goes on to win the PAC-12 and Texas wins the big 12 it’s massive.

42.2% Field goal percentage 44.4% from 3, 66.7 free throw percentage. Hit the free throws and the game is out of reach before overtime. The secretary of the defense (Vic Shaefer) got schooled by the Tennessee defense. Held Texas to 31.3% field goal percentage today! Really good win!

I'm not going to go back and read this thread because I already know the drill. Lots of drive-bys to say how awful the players are, how Kellie can't coach, how we're going to get blown out if we don't get it together, etc.

Then we get it together, win the game, and suddenly Kellie got lucky to win and she only did because Texas was missing -------- (fill in the blank), and Tennessee wouldn't have won if that ref hadn't blown some call, etc.

AMIRIGHT???

GREAT win for OUR Tennessee Lady Vols!!!!! And if you were one of those people I described above, I feel sorry for you.

GO LADY VOLS!!!!!

With all due respect to Horston and Key, let's not forget Walker's shooting single-handedly kept us in the game for the first 1 1/2 quarters or so.
Dye had 13 as well made some huge free throws this was a team win several players contributed during the game. Horston was again the main even, but she had some assistance.

I'm not going to go back and read this thread because I already know the drill. Lots of drive-bys to say how awful the players are, how Kellie can't coach, how we're going to get blown out if we don't get it together, etc.

Then we get it together, win the game, and suddenly Kellie got lucky to win and she only did because Texas was missing -------- (fill in the blank), and Tennessee wouldn't have won if that ref hadn't blown some call, etc.

AMIRIGHT???
No, not really. Of course, as always there's a few like you describe, but mostly we talk about what just happened and what our team needs to do and stop doing. Yep we call out bad play. Is that unlike any game thread on any board in any sport?

VN Store

Back