Game Thread: #15/20 Lady Vols vs. Troy, Sunday, 2:02PM, home, SEC+streaming

Troy is probably NOT going to win the Sun Belt. It's early in the season, and anything is possible, but Massey has Troy finishing toward the bottom of the Sun Belt conference. They have Old Dominion ranked #108 and James Madison ranked #129, while Troy is ranked #227
Picked to finish second in the league by the coaches and had the most all conference honorees of any school, but continue to tell me about a computer ranking three games into the season: Trio of Trojans Receive Preseason All-Conference Nods, Troy Ranks Second in Preseason Coaches Poll - Troy University Athletics

Afraid so. Not sure if she will ever be a solid contributor again

In my old and admittedly not as good eyesight as I used to have,TK was moving much better during her time on the court. Also seemed to me to be quicker than she has been so far this year and her footwork was better. If justice was served she would have gotten about six free throws because of people hanging on her arms on every play. I’m just a spectator but she just seems to me to be improving as time passes. Wish her the very best and applaud her effort in trying to overcome her health problem.

Picked to finish second in the league by the coaches and had the most all conference honorees of any school, but continue to tell me about a computer ranking three games into the season: Trio of Trojans Receive Preseason All-Conference Nods, Troy Ranks Second in Preseason Coaches Poll - Troy University Athletics
Yes, Massey's rankings are more accurate the further into the season you go.
However, my point remains.
And that point is that Troy is NOT PROBABLE to win the Sun Belt conference.
Using your choice of analysis, the preseason Coaches Poll, Troy is picked to finish second. By definition, that means they are not probable to win their conference. Now, would you care to restate your position, on where Troy will most probably finish in their conference this season ?

Reactions: VolFuture
In my old and admittedly not as good eyesight as I used to have,TK was moving much better during her time on the court. Also seemed to me to be quicker than she has been so far this year and her footwork was better. If justice was served she would have gotten about six free throws because of people hanging on her arms on every play. I’m just a spectator but she just seems to me to be improving as time passes. Wish her the very best and applaud her effort in trying to overcome her health problem.
Completely agree. Watching her yesterday she was clearly not 100%, but she was moving more quickly and confidently. She was using her body a bit more than she was in early games as well. I am more hopeful now that she could contribute real minutes in late January, February if she continues to improve at this pace than I was after the first game or so.

Getting ready to rewatch the Tennessee v Troy game.
Yesterday, it was kind of a blow to the negaVols crew and that’s why we see so many posts taking apart Troy as opposed to looking at the bigger picture and giving credit to several players on this team for quality performances the way some here do for former LVs.
84 and 100 points scored back 2 back!! w/o a projected lottery pick who is a top 3 scorer in WCB the last two games plus two other rotation players yesterday.. at full strength the LVs have an elite potent scoring offense!
As stated recently, TK was moving better yesterday.
Anyone who watch the game, it doesn’t matter how you watched it could see she is making progress at her pace.
The key factor is it’s her pace not the fans or coaches timeline. No need to speculate at this point.
Let it go.
Secondly, some people may be okay with this because they like drama.
But constantly speaking about any player(s) injury is a major character flaw.
Fans aren’t and shouldn’t be privy to this kind of information at their will.
A bit narcissistic.
That’s a bit passed being off their meds. Nobody is asking for unnecessary updates about player treatment in public or behind the scenes.
Just wish a full recovery without dissecting people road to recovery.

Last edited:
So your church league team could beat the probable Sun Belt champion by 30 points? That’s a bold prediction. I’d like to see that.
Deer Park you failed to take note of when that was posted .....that was posted when that other team was tied with our beloved Vols not at the end of the game.You need to pay more attention to detail like you do in your wonderful broadcasts of Lady Vol action.
Yep and my Church League team would have given the Lady Vols a run for their money the way they played in 1st quarter and most of 2nd quarter....so now you have the rest of the story...

Last edited:
Yesterday, it was kind of a blow to the negaVols crew and that’s why we see so many posts taking apart Troy as opposed to looking at the bigger picture and giving credit to several players on this team for quality performances the way some here do for former LVs.
84 and 100 points scored back 2 back!! w/o a projected lottery pick who is a top 3 scorer in WCB the last two games plus two other rotation players yesterday.. at full strength the LVs have an elite potent scoring offense!
Anyone who watch the game, it doesn’t matter how you watched it could see she is making progress at her pace.
The key factor is it’s her pace not the fans or coaches timeline. No need to speculate at this point.
Let it go.
A bit narcissistic.
That’s a bit passed being off their meds. Nobody is asking for unnecessary updates about player treatment in public or behind the scenes.
Winnerscircle you are not a winner at all when you label folks negavols ...you have a fettish about calling some posters negavols which you need to overcome.Critical comments about the LV play should not be labeled nagavols ( you should be or are better than that ) ....most of those comments are out of love of the Lady Vols and wanting them to get better .All such comments will have no effect whatsoever in how the Lady Vols perform just like yours won't .But avid fans like me ( been a fan since 1978 when I met Pat Summit for the 1st time ....had many encounters over her coaching career ) can certainly make critical comments about their play and should not be labeled a negavol.....because I am not a negavol.......au contraire I am a most "AVID " Lady Vol Fan.

Let it go.
A bit narcissistic.
Did you expect overtime? Not sure it was a blow winning a game you’re supposed to win even with players out. We can revisit in a few days when we have a better idea on where this staff has the team heading into the next few opponents.

Reactions: Go aeiou
Deer Park you failed to take note of when that was posted .....that was posted when that other team was tied with our beloved Vols not at the end of the game.You need to pay more attention to detail like you do in your wonderful broadcasts of Lady Vol action.
Yep and my Church League team would have given the Lady Vols a run for their money the way they played in 1st quarter and most of 2nd quarter....so now you have the rest of the story...
Church league😂😂😂! Nothing like doubling down on dumb! Are you a politician??

As I rewatch the Tennessee v Troy game, the former LV commentator made some great talking points.

Both commentators raved about Destinee Wells play.
Wells a 1,000 point scorer could lead the SEC in assists!

I wonder what Belmont is thinking?

Sara Puckett and Karoline Striplin both were in dbl figures by halftime. This tandem is a great compliment to Rickea J and Jillian Hollingshead.
Both former Top 50 recruits out of HS.
GBO🍊!

your church league would get ran outta the gym within 5 mins tops.

I took note of when it was posted, it doesn’t make it true. Selecting a very small slice of the game and extrapolating that out over an entire game or an entire season is nonsensical.

Why restrict it to the first few minutes, why not the first 30 seconds? I agree, if Tennessee doesn’t score in the first 30 seconds of the game and that continues over the course of the entire game, they are not going to win because they will not have any points.

But that’s why posting overly broad statements like that is silly, because it never plays out that way. They scored 100 points and won by 27. At no point in the game would a church league team have beaten them, even in a five or six minute stretch.

I took note of when it was posted, it doesn’t make it true. Selecting a very small slice of the game and extrapolating that out over an entire game or an entire season is nonsensical.

Why restrict it to the first few minutes, why not the first 30 seconds? I agree, if Tennessee doesn’t score in the first 30 seconds of the game and that continues over the course of the entire game, they are not going to win because they will not have any points.

But that’s why posting overly broad statements like that is silly, because it never plays out that way. They scored 100 points and won by 27. At no point in the game would a church league team have beaten them, even in a five or six minute stretch.
I did not extrapolate for whole game or season ...that is an idiotic to even state .You are the one doing the extrapolating not me .At the time of my post in the 1st quarter they were playing like church league teams .Your whole post assumes that I made the post after the game was over. and that is totally wrong ....you are the silly one .Go back to broadcasting you do a much better job at that .Thought you were smarter than that but you proved me wrong.

I'm gonna need to see some film on this church league team. Is it a bunch of beer-bellied (non-alcoholic if Pentecostal) old guys, or is it a bunch of 25yo D2 athletes?
Nope ,I was referencing the women's league not the men.

Now you’ve offended me. You’re assuming beer bellied refers to the men’s team only? 😎
Sincerely apologize for offending you ...... and I also apologize for making the Church league comment in the 1st place it seems to have raised the dander of several posters .....but the fact is in the 1st and even into the 2nd quarter both teams were playing like church league teams which was the best analogy that I could come up with at the time of that post. For those wanting interpretation that means both teams were playing poorly ....running up and down the court like a chicken with it's head cutoff with no real organization on either the offensive or defensive ends .That improved drastically in 3rd and 4th quarters.

Sincerely apologize for offending you ...... and I also apologize for making the Church league comment in the 1st place it seems to have raised the dander of several posters .....but the fact is in the 1st and even into the 2nd quarter both teams were playing like church league teams which was the best analogy that I could come up with at the time of that post. For those wanting interpretation that means both teams were playing poorly ....running up and down the court like a chicken with it's head cutoff with no real organization on either the offensive or defensive ends .That improved drastically in 3rd and 4th quarters.
I got it the first time around. Some folks just wanna argue.

Reactions: mudcat1973
I did not extrapolate for whole game or season ...that is an idiotic to even state .You are the one doing the extrapolating not me .At the time of my post in the 1st quarter they were playing like church league teams .Your whole post assumes that I made the post after the game was over. and that is totally wrong ....you are the silly one .Go back to broadcasting you do a much better job at that .Thought you were smarter than that but you proved me wrong.

Broadcasting? I'm a contract lawyer. If you're going to hurl insults, at least keep up with who you're talking to.

I never said you made the post after the game was over. The context clues on the timing of your post would be the part where it occurred at the beginning of the game thread and, oh, the TIME STAMP on the post. You see, in my job, attention to detail is important.

VN Store

Back