Game Thread: (11/12) Lady Vols 63 - UCLA. 80

No one said she is illegitimate, though there were a lot of people who thought there were better hires to be had.

No one wanted to see her fail and everyone would still like to see her succeed.

You need to apologize Al. You are getting way out of line. I gave you a pass on your pretending not to understand what happened during the hiring process because you were dug in and overwrought. But you impugned the motivations of a lot of people then too and you need to stop it. You are behaving dishonorably and making an ass of yourself.
LOL!

We should swallow our pride and ask to sit in on other team's practices to study how they operate their offense.

I read that Coach Close did that 3 or 4 years back, and she said it helped greatly.

I know Coach Vic did the same thing with Geno after experiencing a 60 point beatdown when he was with Miss State. This was during the Stewart era.

I know Coach Vic did the same thing with Geno after experiencing a 60 point beatdown when he was with Miss State. This was during the Stewart era.
Pat did it as soon as Parker was gone and it was evident the old way was passe. Somehow in the ensuing decade and a half, it's never happened. So frustrating bc it has been such a well known issue for so, so long.

So if we end up 2-4 after today how many more losses until Kelly's hot seat burns during the season ? Im sure by now Phil has taken notice to the disaster happening right now with the womens program , but im afraid he's too caught up in the football downward spiral this month .

Exactly. That historical fact was thrown around A LOT during the Holly Warlick years. Neither Warlick nor Kellie's coaching is ANYwhere close to Pat's calliber - or the calliber coaching needed to get to FFs consistently. Many in this fanbase are so stuck in the past.
This all day long!!!!

Because you were a good player doesn't automatically make you a good coach, and unfortunately CKH is not a good coach. See her career coaching record before coming to TN...

He is playing the games without two of his best players and would be the equivalent of taking Horston and Key out of our lineup and then playing the games. He is losing close games just not enough firepower with his top scorer and inside player. Second even with them I never thought Texas was the number three team in the country, but with them he has two wins instead of two losses in this tourney.

And, trying to be consistent, I agree that the injuries have hurt Texas and certainly ought to be considered as a big factor in the losses. Funny, though, that the usual suspects didn't give Kellie a pass when we lost to Louisville last year despite losing our statistical leader in four major categories and never getting Rae back to her pre-injury form. Instead, detractors just rubbed in salt and acted as though both teams were at full strength. Somehow, we are to hang our heads in shame for losing to a higher seed, but Vic has earned the benefit of the doubt and empathy tgat doesn't extend to our own coach. Kind of messed up.

Texas will be much better when they get Harmon back along with whoever else was injured.

So if we end up 2-4 after today how many more losses until Kelly's hot seat burns during the season ? Im sure by now Phil has taken notice to the disaster happening right now with the womens program , but im afraid he's too caught up in the football downward spiral this month .

Well, how about if we just lose every game for the next three years (as long as we're being optimistic)?

How about if Barnes, Weekly, Vitello, and every other coach finish toward the bottom of the SEC this year along with soccer, volleyball, diving, XC, track, golf, and every other sport?

Gotta think positive!

Also, Phil's influence at this stage is just a tad insignificant.

Hate to tell you this, but Tennessee is not the mecca of women's basketball any longer. And it hasn't been for years. It was in Storrs for a while, and now it's in Columbia, SC. And Kellie Harper isn't responsible for that fact.

There are a lot of people on these boards who think that Kellie Harper is an illegitimate head coach, either because of her lack of national championships or that she is a Pat Summitt disciple but not Pat Summitt, or because Phil hired her. They don't come right out and say they hope she will fail, because that would destroy their credibility, and they know it. But they don't have to. Some of us know they want her to fail to be proved right, as if that would make their lives any better.

If you think she's unworthy or illegitimate, well it doesn't matter. Because she's the head coach and will be until and unless she fails. It's fair to criticize her coaching moves and non-moves, but it isn't fair to insist that she will fail inevitably or that she be fired right now, as some here do. I don't understand why every fan of this program doesn't take this stance: I will support the coach of the LVs through thick and thin, even though I may criticize her coaching, until she proves she doesn't deserve my support any longer. So far she's been a net positive for this program. She should be given every chance to succeed, and that hasn't been reached yet.

Thanks for the heads up John... This is year 4 for your wife and you, so time is ticking...

They also shot 3-18 from the three lol
200.gif

VN Store

Back