Game Highlights

RhodesVol

I realize that this is a relatively trivial issue, but is the Vol Network no long putting out highlight tapes of our games? I have yet to see a highlight tape. I know that it's not a major problem, but I did like to ease into my week on Monday morning with the past game's best plays and Kesling's underwhelming calls.

Like you, I have wondered this absence myself. As I don’t have television, the extended highlights was always something I looked forward to.

Alas, I haven’t been able to view much of any this year.

I asked this earlier - DeerPark replied that whoever made the highlight tapes is now doing recruiting videos. So no more highlights I guess.

Great question, OP - been meaning to start a thread on this same subject. I think this is a HUGE miss by the AD/Vol network. I used to enjoy rewatching the highlights, even after a loss. I was traveling during the UTEP game (had to listen to Bob & Tim)— and the only highlights I can find are single plays here and there on social media.

The new “gameday” videos that utsports puts out are just overproduced, over-dramatized fluff pieces that frankly bore me to tears. Why not use those resources to make a more slick game highlight video, maybe an “extended” version and “short” version. Maybe include some of the pregame/postgame stuff - but for the love, PLEASE give me some highlights !

One thing I’ll add - if there are any VN video buffs out there that want to start putting game highlights together, I think it would draw a big following. Might even become a VN legend, I.E. Fingers 2.0.

VN Store

Back