Game ending Dunk

They had few fans spread out. So they were rendered useless. We were wild in the stands, at least i was. I am worn out but will sleep good. GBO!!!!!!
I didn't hardly see any KY fans there, tried to count and couldn't get past 38.

The dunk was not necessary and it lacked in class. I'm not upset about it, but we just didn't need to do that.

A big LOL to all the hypocritical arguments in this forum. Complaining about lack of class from other teams/fans, then praising our own lack. Lol.
Seriously? KY scored on us in the last seconds a couple of weeks ago. Quit being so soft

Seriously? KY scored on us in the last seconds a couple of weeks ago. Quit being so soft

I don't mind the dunk.

That being said...different than the UK one. Not sure why UT quit playing when there was time left on the game clock and the shot clock was running. I don't know why in that situation UK was expected to let the time run out and give the ball to UT without shooting.

I think Schofield was in heat of the moment with the crowd chanting and wanted to put on a show.

Normally I don’t approve scoring with time almost expired when you’re up a huge lead but I can understand wanting revenge after a blow out in Rupp.

We got treated pretty bad with the “overrated” chants from UK fans so it’s only natural wanting to make a statement.
Screw that, he should have pulled up at the 3 point like and sunk it.

Reactions: onevol74
I think Schofield was in heat of the moment with the crowd chanting and wanted to put on a show.

Normally I don’t approve scoring with time almost expired when you’re up a huge lead but I can understand wanting revenge after a blow out in Rupp.

We got treated pretty bad with the “overrated” chants from UK fans so it’s only natural wanting to make a statement.

I think the only reason Cal tried to calm his fans down with the overrated chant ,he knew he had to come to Knoxville and he knew he was going to see a different Tn team that he beat in Ky.

Reactions: gainesvol82

I like what Casey Stengal once said in answer to a complaint from a fellow coach about running up the score " All it takes is a gentleman's agreement, if they quit trying to score, so will we."

I didn’t get to see the dunk you are talking about because CBS switched to the Duke game with 3 minutes to play down here in Florida.

Of course, they did. If it was Duke playing and winning by 40, you would have missed the beginning of the UK vs UT game.

Reactions: MAD
Of course, they did. If it was Duke playing and winning by 40, you would have missed the beginning of the UK vs UT game.

Tennessee was only up by about 14 with 3 minutes to go. I’ve seen teams make come backs with that kind of margin. A 19 point win is not that much of a blowout. Do you honestly think that if Duke was beating UNC by 14 points with 3 minutes left, they’d switch to Tenn vs Vandy? Please...

Last edited:
Reactions: TBvol
I just hope that we face them again, in the SEC Tournament! Beating UK at BBall and Bama in football is almost better than sex. And sex is still mind blowing, for this 52 year old. I know, TMI. LOL. But, we still have two tough games ahead, and a grind in the SEC Tournament. Go Vols!

Not sure if it been mentioned or not but didn’t Kentucky have a breakaway dunk with 20 sec to go up 15 after grant told the guys not to foul? How is that any different?

You play the game to win for 40 minutes In this case forty minutes and 1 second. I don’t ever want to see UT take their foot of the gas against a rival. UK had no problem doing it to us at their place last month!

Reactions: onevol74

VN Store

Back