Game Day a bit salty?

Propaganda like they are spewing is an attempt to change the course for Tennessee in this tournament. They are campaigning for a target to be placed on the Vols undeservedly. We have been one of the most banged up, injured teams all year—undermanned to land a counterpunch for all the banging we endured that went uncalled and unpublicized.

Propaganda like they are spewing is an attempt to change the course for Tennessee in this tournament. They are campaigning for a target to be placed on the Vols undeservedly. We have been one of the most banged up, injured teams all year—undermanned to land a counterpunch for all the banging we endured that went uncalled and unpublicized.
If you’re analyzing this as an objective fan of the game, which they should if they’re being professional, it’s a great story. Clean team, clean coach down their only PG beats a blue blood. Coach overcomes the hump on his tournament history. But they can’t do that because it’s TN and there’s an agenda favoring the elite coastal blue bloods.

My concern is the refs will blow their whistles more going forward. They’ve been consistent all tourney, allowing the kids to play, with the exception of Auburn/Houston. You can call a foul on every play as there is always contact in the paint, illegal screens, and hand checking.

I understand that but many athletes, former coaches, and alums go on to do commentary and can be very objective. I don’t agree with comparing them to fans because unlike the fans they’re paid to be objective (or generally close to that) on the national networks. Especially if they broadcast and aren’t simply analysts.

That’s fair. But I couldn’t do it, so I don’t hold anyone else to that standard 😂

Reactions: UTFanHades
I just caught the end of the TV/Duke segment on Game Day. Bilas & Davis stated it was a poorly officiated game as it was way too physical.

Davis said “that crew” should not be allowed to officiate another game in the tournament. He did say TN played better than Duke and deserved the win.

Davis said the winner of FL Atlantic game plays TN. Bilas sarcastically chimed in and said the winner “better buy helmets” for that game.

I wonder if they would’ve commented had Dook won the game?

Go Vols!

Football, Baseball, Basketball...they all come at UT. We are to physical, Gimmick, cocky etc. IDC. We come to be us, they come to beat us....Go Vols!

Reactions: vol94

They are definitely setting the stage for Tennessee to get whistled big time, probably in their next game. Those Duke lovers probably want nothing more than to see the underdog seed get a big upset against the "big bad Volunteers."

When it comes to sports media, this game is a damn joke. Bunch of pasty biased crybabies who can pout and bitch with the best of them when their favorite little toys don't get to play how they want.

Reactions: jaxvol
I just caught the end of the TV/Duke segment on Game Day. Bilas & Davis stated it was a poorly officiated game as it was way too physical.

Davis said “that crew” should not be allowed to officiate another game in the tournament. He did say TN played better than Duke and deserved the win.

Davis said the winner of FL Atlantic game plays TN. Bilas sarcastically chimed in and said the winner “better buy helmets” for that game.

I wonder if they would’ve commented had Dook won the game?

Go Vols!

We will get called for fouls if we blow on the player next game. The refs will be looking for physical play and anticipating it. BTW, I don't think there was anything egregious about our defense.

The ACC shills are rapidly running out of things to talk about, North Carolina didn't even qualify for the tournament, the ACC will have no schools in the Sweet 16, the SEC has 2 already, may have 4, we'll see, the women's side is all about South Carolina, currently the baseball side has 6 SEC teams in the top 10, Wake Forest is good this year, Louisville is lurking in the top 10-12 and the ACC pride and joy on the football side, Clemson, was irrelevant and downright pedestrian in the Orange Bowl against a conference third ranked team Tennessee, with no playoff participant this year. It's only going to get harder for the ACC schools.

The shills can apologize all they want about the mediocrity of the ACC programs this year, as schools in that conference already know, you either play and compete in the SEC or you are on the outside looking in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Voltopia
We will get called for fouls if we blow on the player next game. The refs will be looking for physical play and anticipating it. BTW, I don't think there was anything egregious about our defense.

Agree 100%- good post. The refs have allowed more contact throughout the first two rounds of the tourney. Our defense was quick, able to switch off screens, and we put a body on the Duke player anytime he drive to the rim. Our guys stayed in front of the Duke player and played vertical, meaning we stayed straight up tall w/o leaning or moving our feet.

They called the two fouls on Uros and went to the monitor on numerous times, including when Flip’s face said “hello” to Aidoo’s elbow on a (legal) rebound.

I rarely complain about officiating but Santi has been grabbed throughout the season, inc yesterday Vs Duke, yet no fouls are called.

Hopefully the consistency will remain during instead of the refs blowing the whistle every time there is contact. It makes the game more exciting with fewer interruptions instead of stopping play during every possession (Houston vs Auburn).

Football, Baseball, Basketball...they all come at UT. We are to physical, Gimmick, cocky etc. IDC. We come to be us, they come to beat us....Go Vols!

Like my son said, let the haters hate and we will play our game.

Agree 100%- good post. The refs have allowed more contact throughout the first two rounds of the tourney. Our defense was quick, able to switch off screens, and we put a body on the Duke player anytime he drive to the rim. Our guys stayed in front of the Duke player and played vertical, meaning we stayed straight up tall w/o leaning or moving our feet.

They called the two fouls on Uros and went to the monitor on numerous times, including when Flip’s face said “hello” to Aidoo’s elbow on a (legal) rebound.

I rarely complain about officiating but Santi has been grabbed throughout the season, inc yesterday Vs Duke, yet no fouls are called.

Hopefully the consistency will remain during instead of the refs blowing the whistle every time there is contact. It makes the game more exciting with fewer interruptions instead of stopping play during every possession (Houston vs Auburn).

I have no complaints with the officiating. This wasn't a game of horse based on who has the better NBA prospects.

Reactions: vol94
Born and raised in North Carolina, grew up a UNC fan and watched Dook Basketball before Coach K became Dook basketball. After Coach K started Dook ball became to be in your face, body up, over the back on rebound old school Big East physical basketball. Every non Dook fan in the ACC will tell you Dook makes many fouls a game that don’t get called because “it’s with the body” and it’s Dook.

Yesterday UT took the Dook style of ball(body up, in your face) to a bunch of freshman that haven’t learned to play Coach K style yet and lost.

The media always defends Dook and the length they will go has no end. If you don’t believe me, watch the video

Dook has always been dirty and Uros has become that too but the rest of the team got called for tick tack fouls yesterday that Dook got away with.

The Christian Laether stomp and the Hansbrough play above tells you what Dook is about And how far the media will go to dfend them. Kentucky Basketball: Revisiting Christian Laettner's "Stomp." Was it Really? - A Sea Of Blue

And yes I am all UT now.

I have no complaints with the officiating. This wasn't a game of horse based on who has the better NBA prospects.

Agree. Officiating changes game to game, week ti week. My only ask is for the officials to be consistent throughout the game.

If they blow the whistle more Thurs night, then TN must adapt. But I won’t have an issue as long as they are consistent.

Cal was complaining a bit ago during his first half interview. He said he told his players that the refs were not going to call fouls for grabbing, etc. 😆

Agree. Officiating changes game to game, week ti week. My only ask is for the officials to be consistent throughout the game.

If they blow the whistle more Thurs night, then TN must adapt. But I won’t have an issue as long as they are consistent.

Cal was complaining a bit ago during his first half interview. He said he told his players that the refs were not going to call fouls for grabbing, etc. 😆

All of this chatter and complaining will make officials feel like they need to over correct next time. Our style is being aggressive but believing Uros needs to be some type of enforcer outside of just fundamental tough defense can come back to bite.

All of this chatter and complaining will make officials feel like they need to over correct next time. Our style is being aggressive but believing Uros needs to be some type of enforcer outside of just fundamental tough defense can come back to bite.
Next game, they will be out of breath from blowing their whistle, I'm sure.

Reactions: BreatheUT

VN Store

Back