Game Day a bit salty?

vol94

I just caught the end of the TV/Duke segment on Game Day. Bilas & Davis stated it was a poorly officiated game as it was way too physical.

Davis said “that crew” should not be allowed to officiate another game in the tournament. He did say TN played better than Duke and deserved the win.

Davis said the winner of FL Atlantic game plays TN. Bilas sarcastically chimed in and said the winner “better buy helmets” for that game.

I wonder if they would’ve commented had Dook won the game?

Go Vols!

I just caught the end of the TV/Duke segment on Game Day. Bilas & Davis stated it was a poorly officiated game as it was way too physical.

Davis said “that crew” should not be allowed to officiate another game in the tournament. He did say TN played better than Duke and deserved the win.

Davis said the winner of FL Atlantic game plays TN. Bilas sarcastically chimed in and said the winner “better buy helmets” for that game.

Go Vols!
of course Not

Reactions: vol94

Go Vols!
It appears that Davis and Bilas, like Dook, are a bunch of over-privileged puds…
And yes, had Dook won, there would be extended coverage and praise of the accomplishment of taking down a team from the mean SEC.

ESPN…so soft…so bitter. I mean Duke got bullied. Just say it. It will motivate Duke to get bigger and stronger this offseason. If their team stays together they’re going to be really good. That PG was phenomenal yesterday. But TN played their game and Duke couldn’t handle the physicality. None of the fouls were with mal-intent. These kids are fighting for their basketball lives.

It appears that Davis and Bilas, like Dook, are a bunch of over-privileged puds…
And yes, had Dook won, there would be extended coverage and praise of the accomplishment of taking down a team from the mean SEC.

Agree. I like Seth Greenberg as he’s usually objective with his commentary. But I was disappointed to hear his comments as I’m sure his VA Tech teams were on the short end of the stick when they played Duke.

I watched it too, and I think that was shameful. Davis said that UT deserved to win and that seemed genuine. When Greenberg said it, it came across VERY sarcastically. He said something like 'Even I could coach that.' getting in an extra dig at Barnes. I remember that two of the three picked Duke to go the Final Four in their initial picks - I think it was Bilas and Greenberg - so I guess I shouldn't have been surprised. They went on and on about how Arkansas could have been a 1 or a 2, and how great the win was against Kansas. I expected them to at least mention that UT was dancing around a 2 seed until ZZ went down, and that they have rallied around each other and are playing well. What was I thinking...

I watched it too, and I think that was shameful. Davis said that UT deserved to win and that seemed genuine. When Greenberg said it, it came across VERY sarcastically. He said something like 'Even I could coach that.' getting in an extra dig at Barnes. I remember that two of the three picked Duke to go the Final Four in their initial picks - I think it was Bilas and Greenberg - so I guess I shouldn't have been surprised. They went on and on about how Arkansas could have been a 1 or a 2, and how great the win was against Kansas. I expected them to at least mention that UT was dancing around a 2 seed until ZZ went down, and that they have rallied around each other and are playing well. What was I thinking...

Greenberg surprised me a bit with his comments. Davis’ comments that the crew should not be allowed to officiate another game in the tourney was over the top.

I rarely watch game day but had just cut on the tv and searching for last night’s highlights before todays’s games.

Go Vols!

Greenberg surprised me a bit with his comments. Davis’ comments that the crew should not be allowed to officiate another game in the tourney was over the top.

I rarely watch game day but had just cut on the tv and searching for last night’s highlights before todays’s games.

Go Vols!

I did the same thing. I didn't hear Davis' comments about the refs, but I could have been screaming at the TV at time... ;-)

Go Vols!

We messed up their party and they are pissed. If it had been a Big 10 slugfest they would have been competing to be the winner's butt-puppet. They would have done that to any non-Cinderella, non-Blueblood that beat Dook.

The media is infested with sycophants for the perceived "elites." The ESPN takeover of sports media sucks because it is a right and left coast bastion of bias and horse hockey!

I think Bilas didn’t want to sound like a homer so he gave Seth his vitriolic speech. Notice how he looked at Bilas and said he’d never seen Jay have such a big grin after he spoke.

I don’t understand the complaints about the officiating. Best I remember we got fouls called on the plays that were deemed to be “rough.” Additionally, the officials reviewed several of the calls and, rightfully so, none were upgraded to anything other than common fouls.
In fact, I believe the reviews of some of the plays led to us getting the benefit of the whistle as the game wore on due to the officials realizing the fouls weren’t nearly as bad as the Duke players led them to believe.

Go Vols!
been a loooong time since ive seen a lane violation called. do they still call LV?:

Reactions: VollyParton
These three are critics at a desk because they weren’t very good at playing or coaching the game, and they are just too lazy to be referees. Bilas, Greenberg, and Davis all need to come to grips with their mediocrity, and they need to be more diplomatic and less partial when they get in front of the camera and mic. Leave your fandom at home.

Go Vols!

Bilas is a Dookie. Davis is a Bama fan. That is all.

Bilas is a Duke alum. What do you expect?

He is a homer just like we are
I understand that but many athletes, former coaches, and alums go on to do commentary and can be very objective. I don’t agree with comparing them to fans because unlike the fans they’re paid to be objective (or generally close to that) on the national networks. Especially if they broadcast and aren’t simply analysts.

Reactions: vol94

VN Store

Back