Gaines has entered the portal

Love Ticket. U all know Gaines threw up a couple of quad doubles in high school and/or prep school. The kind of quad doubles without turnovers, too. I really thought he would become a defense stopper that would give UT close to 10 points and fill up the stat sheet up, in steals, blocks and boards, by his junior/senior year. Wrong again, still wish him the best

I haven't been on here in a few days. I definitely didn't want to see this but respect the hell out of the guy for giving his all for Tennessee and recognize that he will get a better chance at playing time elsewhere. God bless you Ticket and I will be rooting for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: InVOLuntary
I'm sad he is leaving. There is just something special about this guy.

Yeah, I really thought he had (has) a world of ability, but he needed to gain some weight, and - I think - some confidence. Maybe COVID slowed down his development too.

He has nothing to be ashamed of. I hope he goes to his next stop and finds a place that needs his talents. I would not be surprised at all to see him put up big numbers at the right place.

Come on down to APSU
Disappointed in Figger and the Govs this year. They started strong...beating Murray after losing by 30 to them. Racked up alot of wins....and had the OVC player of the year....and yet faded badly at the end. Unless Figger and staff work their butts off on the recruiting trail...Govs are in for another dark age. I've been hoping Figger could build a mid major force that gets into the top 25 like Murray did...and beats up on the OVC. Not sure he's the guy.

I think Ticket will head back to his home stomping grounds. I’d think someplace like Buffalo, Niagara, Iona...etc
Good luck to him and hope he gets his degree and more PT

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Barnes brings them in and they take off. Good luck I hope he gets some good coaching.

If Kessler goes to Gonzaga, I hope he enjoys the pine. Won’t get much time with Timme on the floor.

VN Store

Back