Gaines has entered the portal

Good Luck!

Large portal....I was watching a NIT game last night and they said there was over 1,300 in the portal.

I don’t consider players that transfer out without making much of a Mark a bust. Every basketball team has players on scholarship that don’t play. Most teams have 8 or 9 players get most of the minutes. That means you are always going to have players not getting minutes. You hope you get some, like Grant that develop. However, every team has players that don’t get to the point of getting a bunch of minutes.

Wish him luck. He always appeared to act with class provide a positive attitude even when not getting minutes. That is refreshing as it becomes more and more rare these days. He was a kid that you take a flyer on because he played the game the right way and had good length. And your hope was that he would develop an offensive skill set. It just doesn't happen sometimes. Similar idea to a kid in baseball that has potential to crush a baseball but struggles hitting a curveball. Sometimes you can teach them to hit one. Sometimes it just never clicks.

Don’t do it. Cmon man you’re better than this . DONT DO IT.

Take those brick free throws with you 🧱 🧱

Dang it, my bad

Reactions: 08Vol
I liked Gaines. I think Barnes is in the transition of recruiting more kids who can play immediately vs the development of a player.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Yup. I loved his kid, but another in a long line of Barnes busts.

Why make that comment in a thread where the young man is being gracious thanking Volnation?

I’m sure things haven’t gone as planned for Gaines and Barnes, both. Barnes supposedly takes it personal and blames himself as a player’s coach when a player does not reach initial expectations.

VN Store

Back