'20 GA WR Ladd McConkey

Damn. This one makes me angry. I know these coaches know what they are doing when it comes to recruiting they’re better on guys like Evans to end up a part of this class and let a kid like Ladd go. The boy and his whole family grew up vol fans. If we’d have given him a real offer we’d have him. He’s a freak athlete that’s a smart and dependable kid. I honestly believe in 2 years he’ll be a dynamite slot receiver. Meanwhile will evens, beckworth m, or weidman even be here? Pruitt gambled that he could do better than a smart local kid that really wanted to be here. Who knows if he’s right or not. Time will tell. But it’s going to really tough to watch in a couple of years if this kid is making big plays against us for the enemy

So you want him over Wideman and Beckwith? That’s the issue at hand. Staff has 2 spots and will only use 3 if it’s a combo of Evans/Wideman/Beckwith. They feel good that they can pull 2 of the 3 so they were upfront to the kid that if things fell through on 2 then he would have a spot but he is smart to take the one in front of him instead of risking losing it while waiting

So you want him over Wideman and Beckwith? That’s the issue at hand. Staff has 2 spots and will only use 3 if it’s a combo of Evans/Wideman/Beckwith. They feel good that they can pull 2 of the 3 so they were upfront to the kid that if things fell through on 2 then he would have a spot but he is smart to take the one in front of him instead of risking losing it while waiting

Time will tell. What you’ve stated is obviously true. The staff feels good about the remaining couple of guys we’re in on. what I’d say is...even if they feel weidman is a better athlete than ladd, Ladd has a 4.5 gpa and grew up a die hard vol fan. That has to count for something. But who knows. The worst case scenario is that we let Ladd go and then don’t land wideman. These are the decisions that Pruitt is paid millions of dollars to make. But it does remind me of hearing about all the kids on Clemson’s team that grew up wanting to play for TN.

Instead he settles for joining the composite #1 class. If we did spurn him I'm sure he'll have a nice axe to grind against us for 4 years.

Reactions: eroller1141@gmail
Next-level habd wringing in here over a guy we didn't even want.
I have not seen any hand wringing by anyone. If you're referring to my 😥 face, it is only because I know he wanted to be a Vol. That doesn't mean that the 3 the coaches are waiting on are not better than him.

I’m a Tn fan and would like a scholarship. Weighed 160 my senior year but now 255 so I could be a great run stopper on the goal line.
Lol too bad you're not good enough for the Tennessee coaches to invite you in for a talk or for GA to take your commitment. Other than that I would be pulling for you.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Instead he settles for joining the composite #1 class. If we did spurn him I'm sure he'll have a nice axe to grind against us for 4 years.
And if he does sign with UGA, I'm sure he'll get his chance to grind said axe.. Remains to be seen if he'll be able to.

This is recruiting folks. It's not always pretty and doesn't always go the way fans or recruits want it to. Pruitt was honest with the kid, so there should be no hard feelings.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
Lol too bad you're not good enough for the Tennessee coaches to invite you in for a talk or for GA to take your commitment. Other than that I would be pulling for you.
I’m good for one play a game. Why not ? At least a PWO. I could be a practice dummy for tackling.

VN Store

Back