'20 GA WR Ladd McConkey

This situation is kind of making me sick. Pruitt said he wanted football players, right? Well—this overlooked kid is a legit football player and he loves UT. He has speed, heart, and brains. He played almost every snap on both sides of the ball and basically carried this team to its 1st ever region championship. I know the Evans kid is the #1 rb, but something just stinks about that situation, and our board is just hanging on that kid’s words...but here’s a kid that WANTS to play here. He’s just waiting for an offer. McConkey is going to be great after football too and we need players like this in our program. He’s a winner. Stargazers be damned but I really want this kid in orange. I mean Kirby thought enough of him to come watch his basketball game and made an in house visit to offer. That’s a huge deal and if you haven’t noticed—Kirby is owning the SEC in recruiting. I know this isn’t the mega recruit that’ll put us on the next level, but I’m just seeing the big picture, and I think he’s would be a great addition to this class.

1580197891670.gif

SmoothEuphoricGuineapig-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: ChiTownVol
I’m guessing Wideman is higher on our board, and, considering Atlanta Vol’s positive news on him, McConkey probably won’t get a real offer. Being a huge UT family, I wonder if he would go PWO with some other scholarship money.

Hate we have heard nothing for this many days. . One of those I really want to be here cause he does.

I agree. I can't help but feel sad for him because it would be a lifelong dream for him. Plus, I live in the next county over and would love for someone local to be a Vol!
Not happening unless we miss out on 1 of the big 3. Then it may be to late

Reactions: TC 83
Yeah, I understand that he isn't as high on Pruitt's list. And I can't blame him if it is too late. I would just be excited if he was able to. He will be fine either way.

Kind of hoping for a blue shirt if his visit was unofficial. Hope he has some good options.

Edited to add I had similar feelings for the Willis kid from Greenback.... I don't pretend to have the ability to assess their abilities, but do love a feel good story where a Vol from birth gets a chance run through the T...... But numbers are numbers and analysis is analysis..... not dissing anybody involved.

Last edited:
I’m not bashing our staff at all because it seems everyone missed on this kid, but man I wish we would have found him a little earlier in the process.
That’s not the problem. From what I’ve seen he would be a Vol if offered.
Just don’t know if we have a spot to offer.

Just going out on a limb here but I don't think the kid necessarily needs his education paid for. If he & family were willing I'd bet he would make a great walk-on.....

i think this kid has some pretty good up side.....and at some level hate that we can't fit him in.

but the thing that i find hilarious is that one one end you got folks bemoaning every 3* we get as not good enough, and here we basically have an unranked kid that people bemoan we aren't gonna take a flier on.

it's the ends of the spectrum that make this place entertaining as hell.

Damn. This one makes me angry. I know these coaches know what they are doing when it comes to recruiting they’re better on guys like Evans to end up a part of this class and let a kid like Ladd go. The boy and his whole family grew up vol fans. If we’d have given him a real offer we’d have him. He’s a freak athlete that’s a smart and dependable kid. I honestly believe in 2 years he’ll be a dynamite slot receiver. Meanwhile will evens, beckworth m, or weidman even be here? Pruitt gambled that he could do better than a smart local kid that really wanted to be here. Who knows if he’s right or not. Time will tell. But it’s going to really tough to watch in a couple of years if this kid is making big plays against us for the enemy

VN Store

Back