'20 GA WR Ladd McConkey

I’m guessing Wideman is higher on our board, and, considering Atlanta Vol’s positive news on him, McConkey probably won’t get a real offer. Being a huge UT family, I wonder if he would go PWO with some other scholarship money.

If this kid ends up a Vol, he's the new Rod Wilkes/Paul Bain. Book it.

My bet is production more like J.J. Mc.... Potential to help on both sides of the ball and no injury history I am aware of. I will yield to the staff evaluations however.... I still want him, Dee Beckwith, and Wideman to complete the crazy athletic playmaker class.... and use creative IC skills to add Evans this summer if that is really in play. I have not even looked at our issues with the 85 number.

I’m guessing Wideman is higher on our board, and, considering Atlanta Vol’s positive news on him, McConkey probably won’t get a real offer. Being a huge UT family, I wonder if he would go PWO with some other scholarship money.
I would not. Heck he can get a great education at a school in another conference. Especially at a better academic school. He has offers from Vandy and West Point. If UT wants him they need to go after him and not play around. Looks like Craig Faulkner type player and possession receiver. He would always be a threat to free up our speed on the outside and the TE in the middle.

Reactions: TC 83
I would not. Heck he can get a great education at a school in another conference. Especially at a better academic school. He has offers from Vandy and West Point. If UT wants him they need to go after him and not play around. Looks like Craig Faulkner type player and possession receiver. He would always be a threat to free up our speed on the outside and the TE in the middle.

With the way things are starting to look with Wideman and Beckwith, UT might want to grab lock this kid and Spencer up and save 1 for the portal after the spring.

Reactions: onevol74
Possibly pre junior high Vince.
tenor.gif

Reactions: GojiraVol17
Him and all his family are lifetime Vols fans. He’s waiting to commit to UGA to see if he gets the UT offer

Callahan just posted an article.

Kid basically said he will be a Vol if we offer. Grew up a big fan. Said Pruitt was straight with him that it’s a numbers game right now.

I’d wager that if we miss on Wideman and/or Beckwith, he is next man up.
Him and all his family are lifetime Vols fans. He’s waiting to commit to UGA to see if he gets the UT offer
I could definitely see him taking up Army on their offer. Seems like a great kid, regardless. If we miss out on Beckwith and Evans, I’d love love to have this kid. Seems to have a good head on his shoulders and it’s always great to give a kid a chance to play at his dream school when you grow up a fan.

Callahan just posted an article.

Kid basically said he will be a Vol if we offer. Grew up a big fan. Said Pruitt was straight with him that it’s a numbers game right now.

I’d wager that if we miss on Wideman and/or Beckwith, he is next man up.
🤦‍♂️

Reactions: TC 83
This situation is kind of making me sick. Pruitt said he wanted football players, right? Well—this overlooked kid is a legit football player and he loves UT. He has speed, heart, and brains. He played almost every snap on both sides of the ball and basically carried this team to its 1st ever region championship. I know the Evans kid is the #1 rb, but something just stinks about that situation, and our board is just hanging on that kid’s words...but here’s a kid that WANTS to play here. He’s just waiting for an offer. McConkey is going to be great after football too and we need players like this in our program. He’s a winner. Stargazers be damned but I really want this kid in orange. I mean Kirby thought enough of him to come watch his basketball game and made an in house visit to offer. That’s a huge deal and if you haven’t noticed—Kirby is owning the SEC in recruiting. I know this isn’t the mega recruit that’ll put us on the next level, but I’m just seeing the big picture, and I think he’s would be a great addition to this class.

Kirby is going to end up putting an ultimatum on this kid to commit soon or they're moving on. He's not fond of the public perception of a Georgia kid basically calling the UGA offer a fallback option if he doesn't get a UT offer. I think he could commit to UGA and then jump on a blueshirt offer on signing day. That would be fantastic.

His tape impresses me more each time I see it. I know the competition isn’t GA’s best, but you can tell he’s good player and has great potential.

Last edited:
This situation is kind of making me sick. Pruitt said he wanted football players, right? Well—this overlooked kid is a legit football player and he loves UT. He has speed, heart, and brains. He played almost every snap on both sides of the ball and basically carried this team to its 1st ever region championship. I know the Evans kid is the #1 rb, but something just stinks about that situation, and our board is just hanging on that kid’s words...but here’s a kid that WANTS to play here. He’s just waiting for an offer. McConkey is going to be great after football too and we need players like this in our program. He’s a winner. Stargazers be damned but I really want this kid in orange. I mean Kirby thought enough of him to come watch his basketball game and made an in house visit to offer. That’s a huge deal and if you haven’t noticed—Kirby is owning the SEC in recruiting. I know this isn’t the mega recruit that’ll put us on the next level, but I’m just seeing the big picture, and I think he’s would be a great addition to this class.
I want him also.

VN Store

Back