'21 GA WR Julian Nixon (Tennessee signee)

Pharaoah Cooper comparison would be our current commits Jordan Mosley.
Thank you, sir. I knew it was someone we were in on. This is a really tall receiver class we’ve start to put together. Nixon is 6’4, Walker 6’1(?)....and lest we forget Beckwith is 6’5 and can literally play QB/WR/TE

Thank you, sir. I knew it was someone we were in on. This is a really tall receiver class we’ve start to put together. Nixon is 6’4, Walker 6’1(?)....and lest we forget Beckwith is 6’5 and can literally play QB/WR/TE
A lazy comparison for Nixon based off of size and speed would be Jauan Jennings. I'm sure there are much better comparisons out there.

A lazy comparison for Nixon based off of size and speed would be Jauan Jennings. I'm sure there are much better comparisons out there.
What does Nixon’s speed look like? Is he more finesse with route running or is he gonna beat the hell out of you and get open like JJ is known for ?

What does Nixon’s speed look like? Is he more finesse with route running or is he gonna beat the hell out of you and get open like JJ is known for ?
Based off of limited Hudl tape he is big and not that fast at all. Most of his production comes from fades, jump balls on vertical routes, and improvising on QB scrambles

Based off of limited Hudl tape he is big and not that fast at all. Most of his production comes from fades, jump balls on vertical routes, and improvising on QB scrambles
Very similar to JJ, then. Nothing wrong with that at all. Means high production against shorter and thinner corners.

247 has him at 6’3” and 240 lbs, Rivals has 6’4” and 235, sounds like he’s well on his way to TE to me.

That’s what I’m thinking. I wonder if he plays any defense.

My one concern with him is I don’t like the huge disparity (in the wrong way) between his composite and his 247 grade. I trust this staffs evaluations more than 247 but I also think of all the recruiting services, 247 is the best so it gives me warm fuzzies when the kid is ranked well by them.

That’s what I’m thinking. I wonder if he plays any defense.

My one concern with him is I don’t like the huge disparity (in the wrong way) between his composite and his 247 grade. I trust this staffs evaluations more than 247 but I also think of all the recruiting services, 247 is the best so it gives me warm fuzzies when the kid is ranked well by them.

Could be where he’s a tweener. Some of those sites seem to drop a recruit if they don’t have a clearly defined position.

Could be where he’s a tweener. Some of those sites seem to drop a recruit if they don’t have a clearly defined position.
yep. i think they did that with a couple of guys from the the past two classes...seems like everyone that's in the 6'2"/230 ball partk...is a OLB/Safety/Nickel/WR/TE/RB....lol.....

VN Store

Back