'24 GA WR Debron Gatling

This time, he said, he “didn’t have to sit in all the meetings” or take a campus tour. He said he simply caught up with Heupel’s staff and spent “four or five hours” inside the Vols’ complex, making him feel like he “was just chilling like I was at home, basically.”

“I was just spending time with the coaches mostly. I didn’t really do the photo shoot, either,” said Gatling, who’s ranked the No. 261 overall prospect and No. 39 wide receiver in the 2024 class and the No. 36 rising junior from Georgia, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

“I was really just spending time with the coaches, getting to know the coaches more. Sat down with Coach Heupel for, like, 40, 45 minutes. Him and my mom, we were just talking. I was just going down there, really, just to catch the vibe again. I really liked it when I went down there the first time, so that’s why I went again.
“This time was just, like, a straight visit — just spent time with the coaches, grabbed something to eat. I really enjoyed it, just building a relationship with the coaches more.”

“They said that they want to use me at the slot and (as) an outside receiver. He said they really like my film because I’m not the biggest — because I’m only, like, 6-foot, 6-1 — but I play like I’m 6-4, 6-5, so that’s what they like in their receivers.”

“That’s the one thing I really like about Tennessee,” Gatling said. “We talked some football. We would probably talk football for, like, 10 minutes. We would probably look over a little tape. But then, after that, we would just have conversations about life for, like, hours and stuff like that, so I just feel like I can really relate to the coaching staff there.”

“I definitely feel like they’re one of them high schools on my list right now.”

Gatling said he’s already planning to travel to Tennessee again for its home games Sept. 24 against Florida and Oct. 15 against Alabama. He said Golesh and Pope have told him plenty about the Vols’ game-day environment.

“They told me that the fans were incredible, and the atmosphere is crazy,” Gatling said. “They told me I’d really enjoy it, and there ain’t nothing like that.”
- Ryan Callahan

Last edited:
After Gatling’s visit to Texas A&M, his mother tweeted that “Texas A&M was everything. Most definitely one of our best visits. We’ll be back real soon!” The Aggies left a major impression on the 2024 four-star receiver from Alpahretta (Ga.) Milton who liked how quickly he connected with the entire coaching staff.
Texas A&M, Alabama, Tennessee, Ole Miss and LSU have made the best impression so far but things could still change.
-Adam Gorney, Rivals
Recruiting Rumor Mill: Preseason camps ramp up

Wtf is even going on in this picture?
I don’t really know how to slow down a still picture for you but it’s playing cards and poker chips with his top 14 schools. Not complicated. Why you so serious?

Is that an opinion from watching film? Bc there’s other Georgia WRs rated ahead of him
The opinion of some that cover Georgia high school football. Earlier this season, I read a couple of articles referring to him as the most dangerous GA receiver in the 24 class. It was during the Korky Kell (sp) classic.

The opinion of some that cover Georgia high school football. Earlier this season, I read a couple of articles referring to him as the most dangerous GA receiver in the 24 class. It was during the Korky Kell (sp) classic.
Milton hosted their own thing to open the season. In The Freedom Bowl, they played Lipscomb Academy. He was matched up against Kaleb Beasley all game

Reactions: bigl3327

VN Store

Back