'20 GA WDE William Anderson

Butch Dooley

Rocky Top Outsider
Last edited:
Man he is fleecing some of those tackles. Nice get off and awareness. What's the level of competition down there?

Reactions: T Dog
“I’m very interested in Tennessee, but I’ve never actually seen the whole campus, so the coaches gave me an opportunity to come back up there and see what Tennessee was all about,” said Anderson, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the No. 79 overall prospect and No. 4 weakside defensive end in the 2020 class.

“Of course, I was going to take it because I’m very interested in Tennessee.”

Anderson said he liked what he saw and heard from Tennessee during a visit that allowed him to see the Vols in action on the practice field Saturday afternoon.

“I got a lot out of the visit,” he said. “They have great academics and the academic center. They have a lot of people there that can help you. The development of the staff they have is one-of-a-kind. Their weight-room staff is excellent, (and) just the staff, the way they run things.

“Practice was great. They kind of do similar things to how we do at my school now, so I thought it was great.”

Led by Tennessee defensive line coach Tracy Rocker, the Vols have stayed in frequent contact with Anderson since extending a scholarship offer to him almost four months ago. He said he hears from them “almost every day, I would say.”

“They were just telling me that they need elite pass rushers, and they see me as one,” he said. “I’d be kind of a D-end, outside-linebacker pass rusher, and they can see me playing that at their school.”

He’s already high on Tennessee for multiple reasons.

“The atmosphere on campus stands out to me,” said Anderson, who’s also ranked the No. 156 overall prospect and No. 9 weakside defensive end in the 2020 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. “That’s a really great campus they have. The people and the campus they have are wonderful, so that’s one thing that stands out to me.

“That is a place I will most definitely be visiting again. They’re one of the teams I’m considering. I haven’t really made a top (group) yet.”

VN Store

Back