'24 GA TE Jonathan Echols (USF commit)

I’m not saying it’s time to panic. But finding an excuse for losing a TE to USF of all schools feels like damage control. You shouldn’t lose a prospect to a G5 school even if Golesh originally secured his commitment.
Losing and pushing the recruit to your former OC who is your friend and also a head coach is more “taking care of the kid you recruited” than it is “losing a recruit”

JH and this staff have slow played the portal up to this year. What this staff does the next 2-4 weeks is going to be critical for us. You’re already all chips in on Nico, so you better find a way to keep the playmakers we have/and find some others in the portal. TE room is very weak. OL has little quality depth. Sampson has been underutilized so far and will likely have people calling for his services. Our best WR that’s healthy right now is 5’9”. Our defense can’t get any consistent pressure, especially in the 2nd half of the year, and we refused to play any of our young DBs. Our defensive recruiting has not been SEC level at times (outside DL), and even then we are weak at DT this recruiting class. We likely need 2-3 more DBs that can play right away. Additionally, we could have used 2-3 more highly regarded high school prospects at DT/DB. Unfortunately, we struck out on a ton of players in those areas. I’m not saying the world is on fire here, but we can’t pretend like we are just killing it either.

I think you mean at times our defensive recruiting outside of DL hasn’t been UGA and Bama level. It absolutely is SEC caliber.

Well, that sounds great. Hasn’t exactly been that easy lately though lately has it?
Want easy? Go to the Bunny Ranch. Want good and sustainable? Go to church. I'm having fun in a world where a kid who may not even be able to vote has fans calling for heads to roll. 😅

Want easy? Go to the Bunny Ranch. Want good and sustainable? Go to church. I'm having fun in a world where a kid who may not even be able to vote has fans calling for heads to roll. 😅

I said red flag. I didn’t ask for heads to roll. Two completely different things. It’s been a bad week for recruiting. It happens. But it doesn’t mean I have to be happy about our lack of momentum in the early part of the off-season. I’m not calling for Heupel to be fired.

Reactions: berryvol
Why does everyone assume that every negative thing that happens in recruiting is Spyre's fault? Or that every negative thing that happens in recruiting is actually a negative thing for recruiting?
Power goes out..."******* lectric company!'

Power stays on with no hitch..."What do these ******* do?"

I said red flag. I didn’t ask for heads to roll. Two completely different things. It’s been a bad week for recruiting. It happens. But it doesn’t mean I have to be happy about our lack of momentum in the early part of the off-season. I’m not calling for Heupel to be fired.
Why wave any color of flag if there's no intended response requested? People screaming and waving flags get the paddywagon coming.

Definitely more to this.
I don’t think they felt he was going to contribute at TE. And apparently he’d rather play offense for Golesh than defense for us. And that’s ok.

If this had happened in isolation from all the other news, I don’t feel like anyone would be that concerned about it.

We are taking some definite hits today. A middle of the pack recruiting class in the SEC isn’t going to cut it

Oh noooo!!!! The program is cancelled!

Face Melt GIF - Face Melt Fire - Discover & Share GIFs
Not enough Indiana Jones gifs on the board. You get a like!

VN Store

Back