'24 GA TE Jonathan Echols (USF commit)

I'm always of the philosophy that you put your most athletic players on defense.
I've been watching this kids film.
1) How the heck is this kid just a sophomore?? His tape looks as good or better than any of the 5 star edge rushers we're after in 2023. Hes a great pass rusher, and absolute dog against the run!

2) He absolutely IS an elite TE prospect. He was beating CB's on go routes. Great blocker in the run game. ENJOYS run blocking! Can catch it on any defender. Probably is a 4.5 guy as a sophomore at 6'4 210 already. He's very explosive

Summary: Just get the kid and let things play out. We had this same situation back in 2000, with a kid from Elizbethton, TN. An elite pass rusher, plus a very good TE. He went on to become maybe the best TE in the history of football. So if heart is in than start him there. JMO...he's a 5 star TE, but a 6 star pass rusher lol.
I think him being a TE is awesome. Another guy with talent blocking on the oline that is able to move the chains when our wrs blow the top off the defense. UGA‘s freshman TE put in some work on teams last year and I can’t see CJH having a hard time finding a way to get this kid the ball.

They used 2 tight ends and they also had a big receiver that they would use in the TE role. Especially in red zone situations. So you can look up player stats, or you can do what I've done and actually watch every game that Heupel coached while at UCF and compare them to how players are being used here. To further reinforce your argument, make sure to go watch his offense while he was the offensive coordinator at Mizzou. But you're right, I don't have a clue.
May I please add that Heupel and his crew had a lot to do with Albert O from Mizzou. He now starts for the Denver Broncos and was a nightmare for the entire SEC with Locke throwing to him. I got you Big L. Sometimes people just have to be ok with agreeing to disagree. We’re all pulling for the University of Tennessee. I will add that our current coach is intelligent enough to know when to call the play we have seen a couple of times where Warren or Fant is literally streaking uncovered between the hashes.

May I please add that Heupel and his crew had a lot to do with Albert O from Mizzou. He now starts for the Denver Broncos and was a nightmare for the entire SEC with Locke throwing to him. I got you Big L. Sometimes people just have to be ok with agreeing to disagree. We’re all pulling for the University of Tennessee. I will add that our current coach is intelligent enough to know when to call the play we have seen a couple of times where Warren or Fant is literally streaking uncovered between the hashes.
All you have to do is imagine a Kyle Pitts or Brock Bowers in Heupel's offense, then also realize that Golesh is one of the best developers of TE's in the country. The future of this offense looks terrifying for our opponents.

All you have to do is imagine a Kyle Pitts or Brock Bowers in Heupel's offense, then also realize that Golesh is one of the best developers of TE's in the country. The future of this offense looks terrifying for our opponents.
Agreed. Wait til we start getting some goons on defense too. We score in less than 1 min of game time and then make you go three and out from your own 25🤯😬….

And then score again and it’s 14-0 with 11:30 left in the first. Then we kickoff for a touch back and pin our ears back for a huge strip sack or an errant throw due to a QB pressing, and house one on a pick 6…21-0 Vols with 10:30 left in the first. Jugular and Carotid arteries will be sliced.

And then score again and it’s 14-0 with 11:30 left in the first. Then we kickoff for a touch back and pin our ears back for a huge strip sack or an errant throw due to a QB pressing, and house one on a pick 6…21-0 Vols with 10:30 left in the first. Jugular and Carotid arteries will be sliced.
holiday-classics-elf.gif

With these coaches, this scheme, the players on roster, and those committed, we'll be in the playoffs within 3-4 years, book your room.

Call me a homer, laugh it up, make jokes or whatever, but I'd bet money we'll be in the playoffs by '26 or sooner.
laugh-it-up-fuzzball-gif-2.gif

VN Store

Back