'19 GA TE Jackson Lowe (Tennessee signee)

MiramarVol

Sanctified Vol
w6jmhxof6qnszxpnqdrz

TE
6-5
CLASS OF 19
CARTERSVILLE, GA
(CARTERSVILLE)

247 Not Ranked - Jackson Lowe, Cartersville, Tight End

RIVALS 3* 5.6 - Rivals.com

OFFERS - Bama, Indiana, KY, Maryland, Mich, NCSt, Rutgers, USCe, Cuse, VOLS, Toledo, UCF, Vandy, WF, L'Ville, Clemson, VT

[HUDL]3/7791804/59b170d6f31ce50ce06a1e21[/HUDL]

Last edited by a moderator:
19 for '19: Vols early wish list

The Vols will once again target a tight end in the 2019 class and Lowe appears to be near the top of that list. Both Auburn and Clemson have shown him plenty of attention early on but Georgia is yet to offer. Lowe plans on visiting several schools this spring with Tennessee likely to host him soon. At 6-foot-5 and 230 pounds, Lowe has the frame to add 25 pounds and be a physical pass catcher that can be a force in the running game.

-VQ

Reactions: 2 people
"it went great," lowe said. "i loved it. I love everything about tennessee. I enjoyed meeting some of the recruits and coaches as well. They have good academics and a good future at tennessee. They were showing me how they use their tight ends and how if football doesn't work out, the vol for life program will always have your back."

"coach (brian)niedermeyer tells me they are going to get the ball to me if i come here," lowe said. "they are going to be using two tight ends on the field a lot. I like that." niedermeyer showcases an infectious personality with recruits. He's hungry, as he serves his first stint as an on the field coach at the power 5 level. "he's a great dude," niedermeyer said. "i think we are a lot alike. We are both goofy and we both like to talk too. It's not about football. It's on a personal level about my family and how school is going. It's cool."

the visit was a great time to also spend around commitment jackson lampley, as well as other prospects and the staff. He learned that this staff is driven to be the best and he likes that. "it's a culture here," lowe said. "they love competing and the whole new staff is going to get after it. They are great people. They care about you on a personal level and not just all about football."

he also sees a clear path to playing time with the proper work ethic. Tennessee needs quality tight ends and he even got a sales pitch from a tennessee signee. "i was actually talking to (dominic anderson) today," lowe said. "he's a cool dude. I called him to check on things. He was telling me why he chose tennessee. I like some of the same things that he liked and why he chose here."

- vq

Reactions: 4 people
jackson lowe was born in chattanooga, tenn., and some of his relatives are tennessee fans, so he naturally was interested in the vols when he received a scholarship offer from them last month. After his latest trip to tennessee, he now can envision himself there. The three-star junior tight end from cartersville (ga.) high school said he “loved” his visit with the vols on saturday for their first junior day of the year, and they’re now “very, very high” on the growing list of more than 25 teams that already are pursuing him.

The 6-foot-5, 242-pound lowe said he “was sort of a tennessee fan” growing up, although he “never really paid much attention to college football when i was little” and he moved to georgia when he was 3. But with new vols coach jeremy pruitt’s staff making him a high priority, lowe said there’s no doubt he likes tennessee now.

“(the visit) was great. I loved it,” said lowe, who’s ranked the no. 446 overall prospect and no. 16 tight end in the 247sports composite for the 2019 class. “(saturday) helped them a lot. I could definitely see myself playing there. “i bonded with the coaches very well. It felt i’ve known them for years.” “i wanted to check out the new coaching staff and how they saw me being able to play for them,” said lowe.

“when they offered, i knew that coach pruitt was getting a lot of good recruits, so i was very interested in them.” his trip to tennessee on saturday only gave him more reasons to like the vols, including his growing relationship with new vols tight ends coach brian niedermeyer. Lowe said “probably hanging out with coach niedermeyer the whole time” was the highlight of the visit.

“he’s a great guy, and me and him have a good relationship,” lowe said of niedermeyer. “we usually talk every day. I also talk with (offensive quality control assistant tino) sunseri a lot and talked with coach pruitt a couple of times. “they told me that they’re gonna recruit me very hard. They were telling me that they will be using two tight ends on the field at once and creating mismatches for the defense. They like that i can stretch the field and run a little bit, and also that i can block.”

lowe said he plans to return to tennessee sometime within the next couple of months, too. “i’ll definitely be up soon to watch a spring practice,” he said. For now, he said he’s not rushing to decide on a college, but he wants “to try and do it before school starts next year.”

Reactions: 1 person
Don’t be fooled by the current rating of three-star tight end Jackson Lowe, a Chattanooga, Tenn., native who moved to Cartersville, Ga., when he was 3. The 6-foot-5, 242-pound Lowe has emerged as a huge priority for Tennessee and quite possibly the Vols’ top tight-end target in the 2019 class, which made it even more noteworthy that they made a strong impression on him during his trip to Knoxville on Saturday. Tennessee’s new staff, led by tight ends coach Brian Niedermeyer, showed him plenty of attention throughout the visit, and he admitted the Vols now are “very, very high” on his list and he “could definitely see myself” at Tennessee. Clemson and Alabama are believed to be among the contenders for Lowe, who’s already planning to return to Knoxville for one of the Vols’ spring practices.

- Callahan

Reactions: 3 people
thankfully for him, he left the state so he could be a good football player, could you imagine recruiting him if he was still in Chattanooga? fahgetaboutit

Reactions: 1 person
lowe had a great visit with the vols, spending lots of time with brian niedermeyer and jackson lampley. Clemson was considered the favorite for the tight end (he’s ex-teammates and good friends with quarterback trevor lawerence), but lowe grew up a casual ut fan and suddenly the vols are seriously in the picture for the 3-star te who added an ohio state offer thursday

- vq

Reactions: 5 people
What I want to know is if he went to school with Trevor Lawrence?!?

Quietly hoping to get this one.

VN Store

Back