'19 GA TE Jackson Lowe (Tennessee signee)

Possible but we haven't even played this year to know what we look like at TE. Lowe looks like he would need to add some good weight to be ready day 1

Woods-Anderson will probably be the starter in 2019 unless he has an incredible year and leaves early, Bumphus will also be there unless he changes position. I just don’t think Pope will be anything but a backup.

Reactions: 3 people
Woods-Anderson will probably be the starter in 2019 unless he has an incredible year and leaves early, Bumphus will also be there unless he changes position. I just don’t think Pope will be anything but a backup.

Agreed. Can't imagine Pope or Wolf will ever be factors at TE. Not nearly physical or strong enough.

Lowe would be a monster pickup. If you look at his film, the one thing that stands out is how physical he is in addition to being a legit receiving threat. There is a reason why this kid has picked up offers from all the elite programs over the last few months.

Last edited:
Agreed. Can't imagine Lowe or Wolf will ever be factors at TE. Not nearly physical or strong enough.

Lowe would be a monster pickup. If you look at his film, the one thing that stands out is how physical he is in addition to being a legit receiving threat. There is a reason why this kid has picked up offers from all the elite programs over the last few months.

You mean Pope or Wolf

Reactions: 1 person
He would be a HUGE pickup for this class. Has he set an official time or is it still "sometime this week" we should expect to see him commit?

Yes. My bad. I fixed it. Good catch.

Montrell, I’m interested to know your take on this staff Pruitt has assembled overall. I’m glad we have someone who has been an elite DC and knows how to make in-game adjustments to attack another team’s weaknesses, but I’m still not sold on he offensive staff. What are your thoughts?

I fully believe Bumphus and Anderson will be the 2-deep at TE and Blakely and Fant will be the h-back type players...agree that pope and wolf probably won’t play much

Our recruiting the last 2 months has been great. Lowe is a perfect example of that.

I intentionally said 2 months since that includes our poor close on NSD in February. I know we’ve had a lot of interest and visits from some very highly rated kids, but, obviously, nothing’s come to fruition yet. I’m still miffed by the Bill North deal tbh. I know we’re not gonna know for sure until December, and I’m encouraged by getting guys like Crouch and Wright on campus, but we could use some good news in the way of recruiting, and the kid we picked up yesterday isn’t the type of prospect that’s gonna get us competing again for the SEC anytime soon imho.

Reactions: 1 person
I intentionally said 2 months since that includes our poor close on NSD in February. I know we’ve had a lot of interest and visits from some very highly rated kids, but, obviously, nothing’s come to fruition yet. I’m still miffed by the Bill North deal tbh. I know we’re not gonna know for sure until December, and I’m encouraged by getting guys like Crouch and Wright on campus, but we could use some good news in the way of recruiting, and the kid we picked up yesterday isn’t the type of prospect that’s gonna get us competing again for the SEC anytime soon imho.

I had been told in January by a volunteer coach at CBHS that Norton loved the DL coach at UGA. He insinuated that UGA was clearly the leader. Now maybe it's odd that he committed to UGA immediately after visiting us, but the decision was not a surprise to me. I am guessing he wanted to visit Pruitt and the instate school to see what they offered, but he wasn't swayed.

Sean brown told 247 that Lowe would be back on campus this week probably Thursday and that he was hoping to come with him. So we should def be booming with Lowe this wk

Reactions: 8 people
If we manage to start off our off our 2019 class with Lampley, Lowe, Brown, Howell, and Morris, you’ve gotta think that’s a really solid start for Helton to build around on offense.

Seems like there’s a good chance we have a solid foundation to the class by mid summer to build some momentum heading into the season. Just gotta do well enough on the field to maintain it.

VN Store

Back