‘23 GA S Tyler Scott (Auburn)

They were full at DB at the time. Smith decommitted at the last minute, but by that time, it was too late to get back in with Scott. Smith's flip to Auburn at the last minute screwed us.

But if we get Igbinosun to go with Jeudy-Lally, we'll be just fine.
Smith was a safety, the others mentioned are cbs. I expect us to make a splash recruiting dbs in 2024 class. We’ll make up for the smith loss quickly either that way or through the portal. In the meantime, slaughter/tank/turrentine/thomas/McDonald/Walker will have to suffice. Hoping some of the younger ones there can make big strides and push the seniors for playing time. The competition will be good for the whole group if they can do so.

Thinking maybe also you were thinking if we get igbinosun then Charles moves back to his natural position at safety. That would help too.

Smith was a safety, the others mentioned are cbs. I expect us to make a splash recruiting dbs in 2024 class. We’ll make up for the smith loss quickly either that way or through the portal. In the meantime, slaughter/tank/turrentine/thomas/McDonald/Walker will have to suffice. Hoping some of the younger ones there can make big strides and push the seniors for playing time. The competition will be good for the whole group if they can do so.
The plan was 3 CBs and 3 safeties. We were full. When Smith flipped, it opened up a spot. We wouldn't have been opposed to using it on another corner, but by then, it was too late to get back in with Scott.

The plan was 3 CBs and 3 safeties. We were full. When Smith flipped, it opened up a spot. We wouldn't have been opposed to using it on another corner, but by then, it was too late to get back in with Scott.
I’m aware of this. So you think the only reason igbinosun is being considered is because of the whole smith left? That certainly could be. I’d like to think it’s because the staff recognizes hadden and Charles are not cutting it at cb and we need immediate help there while the youngins develop.

I’m aware of this. So you think the only reason igbinosun is being considered is because of the whole smith left? That certainly could be. I’d like to think it’s because the staff recognizes hadden and Charles are not cutting it at cb and we need immediate help there while the youngins develop.
No, I think there was always a plan to shop the portal for experience. I think we attempted to circle back on Scott because Smith left, but it was too late. But the plan was to sign a set number of young guys, then look for experience in the portal.

Getting better CBs helps our Safety situation because we have guys who are true Safeties/Nickels playing CB. They can move back with the influx of good CBs. Slaughter can now move to Nickel/Safety, Charles can move to Safety, and even McDonald may move from Nickel to Safety if needed (I'd actually like to see that, with Slaughter manning the Nickel spot).

Thought Matthews was more like 4.4 flat (that’s knit picking I know). From what I could tell Gibson is a little faster top end wise. Both are elite though.

Gibson probably is a little faster initially.
But Matthews is a track guy.
10.66 -100 meter dash

However I agree on film Gibson flashes different.

Reactions: MemphisVol3

VN Store

Back