'20 GA S Doneiko Slaughter (UT SIGNEE)

It’ll be interesting to compare how Slaughter does at UT vs. how well Mordecai McDaniel does at Florida since the former replaced the latter in that signing class.
Opponent Player 2020 Stats
South Car. Slaughter Tackles : 3 [2 Solo and 1 Assist] Sacks : 1 [-8]
Ole Miss McDaniel DNP
Ole Miss Wilcoxson DNP

Read into it ... whatever you want!

Slaughter and/or Baron will be the best freshmen on defense, this year. Although, I wouldn't count out Key and Omari, yet

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Hope so. But, Slaughter really impressed me Saturday night. So, if Key is the next Eric Berry then Slaughter is the next Gibril Wilson and the future is extremely bright in the secondary
I agree. The D will be nasty in the next yr or so. The speed that will be on the field will be insane. Plus, Baron looked good.

My thoughts.. Pruitt put AT & BT in the W. Virginia game 2 years ago knowing they were going to struggle. He purposely matched the two freshman against two top receivers and a QB. Pruitt knew those two were going to be special and knew he was in 100% rebuild mode and used that time as a opportunity to grow them quickly. I think he is doing basically the same for DS. Pruitt matched him against their best receiver.. Best education is on the field. Slaughter is going to be another Taylor or Thompson but much quicker because he has those two and others to play with to show and teach him. It's awesome in my opinion. GoVols!

My thoughts.. Pruitt put AT & BT in the W. Virginia game 2 years ago knowing they were going to struggle. He purposely matched the two freshman against two top receivers and a QB. Pruitt knew those two were going to be special and knew he was in 100% rebuild mode and used that time as a opportunity to grow them quickly. I think he is doing basically the same for DS. Pruitt matched him against their best receiver.. Best education is on the field. Slaughter is going to be another Taylor or Thompson but much quicker because he has those two and others to play with to show and teach him. It's awesome in my opinion. GoVols!

I think all of this is true except the part about Pruitt matching Slaughter on Smith. Slaughter was forced to play Safety due to Tank being out and that is the part of the field where Smith operates. It looked (at least to me) like most of the catches that Smith made were in about the same area he burned Warrior last year before we adjusted.

I think all of this is true except the part about Pruitt matching Slaughter on Smith. Slaughter was forced to play Safety due to Tank being out and that is the part of the field where Smith operates. It looked (at least to me) like most of the catches that Smith made were in about the same area he burned Warrior last year before we adjusted.
Slaughter was playing nickel not safety due to Shamburger being out. Bryce was moved to safety and Kenneth George was playing corner opposite of Tayler until halfway through the game.

Yeah, it shouldn't come as some surprise that Shi Smith torched Slaughter over the middle. He did the exact same thing to Tennessee last year when we had a senior trying to man that area of the field. Shi Smith just knows how to operate in that area. He gets open and is good after the catch. Not a great first experiment for Slaughter, but certainly not one that he should be harshly judged on. That's a tough first assignment. Baptism by fire.

Yeah, it shouldn't come as some surprise that Shi Smith torched Slaughter over the middle. He did the exact same thing to Tennessee last year when we had a senior trying to man that area of the field. Shi Smith just knows how to operate in that area. He gets open and is good after the catch. Not a great first experiment for Slaughter, but certainly not one that he should be harshly judged on. That's a tough first assignment. Baptism by fire.
Yep..at some point you just have to give a great player his due. I like that kid, and I like how he just went about his business.

Yep..at some point you just have to give a great player his due. I like that kid, and I like how he just went about his business.
I may be wrong, but where a lot of those slants were being completed was in a linebackers drop area. If you don't have a linebacker drop or a safety coming up over the top to the middle, then even an all pro corner would have trouble covering a slant by Smith.

I may be wrong, but where a lot of those slants were being completed was in a linebackers drop area. If you don't have a linebacker drop or a safety coming up over the top to the middle, then even an all pro corner would have trouble covering a slant by Smith.
Yeah...I think you are right.

VN Store

Back