'19 GA RB Tyrell Robinson (Army Commit)

Everybody keeps talking about moving Whitehead to LB. He came to UT because he didn't want to play LB. He's not making that move and if he does it won't be in Knoxville.
I'm glad he's happy with the education then.

Getting some help on the oline would help more than anything.. too many plays breaking down because of whiffed blocks

Teams schemed their best blitzers against the small RBs. Small had a bad shoulder & the freshman was too small. It hurt NW not coming thru as a RB. That’s why I said earlier if NW & Beckwith couldnt find a spot at RB this year, they ain’t SEC RBs.

Reactions: HalfullVol
Teams schemed their best blitzers against the small RBs. Small had a bad shoulder & the freshman was too small. It hurt NW not coming thru as a RB. That’s why I said earlier if NW & Beckwith couldnt find a spot at RB this year, they ain’t SEC RBs.
Who is NW?

Care to elaborate? They were playing Wright ahead of him all season even though through the first half of the season Wright could get knocked over by the wind.

It’s pretty obvious if he wants a legitimate college career where he’s more than fourth on the totem pole it’s gonna have to be somewhere else.

Everybody keeps talking about moving Whitehead to LB. He came to UT because he didn't want to play LB. He's not making that move and if he does it won't be in Knoxville.

That was when the previous staff. I would assume JH has made no such promises.

If he truly wants to play RB and get much playing time, he probably should move on. He would likely be more impactful as a LB though.

How does the Portal work with the military? I think that they sign like a 6 year contract when attending an academy, 4 years for school and 2 years to serve.
Cadets and Midshipmen can resign at any time without obligation up to the start of their junior year. Can resign after that but you owe the government repayment for your education which they place over a $100K value on it annually.

Reactions: drvenner
I guess maybe the kid has his eyes set on the NFL instead of the military. But man, I'd be hard pressed to leave West Point for anything else. You're essentially set up for life as a West Point graduate. Although I suppose with the new NIL deals, it does off-set that a bit since NIL deals don't apply to military schools athletes.

I guess maybe the kid has his eyes set on the NFL instead of the military. But man, I'd be hard pressed to leave West Point for anything else. You're essentially set up for life as a West Point graduate. Although I suppose with the new NIL deals, it does off-set that a bit since NIL deals don't apply to military schools athletes.
Still a gamble to give up the opportunity at West Point. Especially when your position has the lowest shelf life in the sport.

Reactions: Carp
Care to elaborate? They were playing Wright ahead of him all season even though through the first half of the season Wright could get knocked over by the wind.

It’s pretty obvious if he wants a legitimate college career where he’s more than fourth on the totem pole it’s gonna have to be somewhere else.
I thinks it obvious during games he is better than Wright. All I have to go by is what I've seen during games.

Cadets and Midshipmen can resign at any time without obligation up to the start of their junior year. Can resign after that but you owe the government repayment for your education which they place over a $100K value on it annually.
I looked up the the transfer out rate and it is only two percent. That's pretty impressive considering how challenging the program is.

I looked up the the transfer out rate and it is only two percent. That's pretty impressive considering how challenging the program is.
Don’t think many who go through the process of gaining an appointment are just testing the waters to see if it’s a fit. It’s a dream come true for most who attend from what I’ve seen

I thinks it obvious during games he is better than Wright. All I have to go by is what I've seen during games.
Most of Whitehead’s carries were against scrub teams or in garbage time so I think it’s hard to accurately make a comparison between the two.

I think they both have some pretty big weaknesses in their game rn (Whitehead’s speed and Wright’s lower body strength) but it’s always easier to get stronger than it is to get faster.

I don’t think Whitehead is a horrible back at all, I just think his ceiling is much lower. He could probably stack up yards at a G5 school or be a rotational player here or as a part of another P5 stable of backs. It just seems preferable for him to become a bigger fish in a smaller pond.

VN Store

Back