• HIGH SCHOOL Villa Rica
  • HOME TOWN Villa Rica, GA
  • CLASS 2020

Mecose Todd, Villa Rica, Running Back

Mecose Todd, 2020 Athlete - Rivals

Mecose Todd on Hudl

Vols offered.

Last edited:
Having grown up in Carrollton I was surprised to see a Trojan transfer to Villa Rica. It's been rumored that his reason for transferring was that his Mom was pissed off that he didn't receive a personal award in the post season banquet. He was just a FR last year.

Reactions: ThisIsTheYearVol
Having grown up in Carrollton and graduating from Central...I'm thrilled to see that he transferred. I've seen too many talented kids up and transfer to Carrollton. They've got their own little ways of recruiting, so I'm sure they will find a replacement soon.

Reactions: 1 person
2020 RB Mecose Todd had a big Thursday. Tennessee became the first SEC school to offer him. I will actually be out to watch him practice this weekend, so look for more on Todd. He is a big back with power and he has a chance to be a national name.

He has already visited Tennessee, so he has interest in the Vols.

-Chad Simmons

Having grown up in Carrollton I was surprised to see a Trojan transfer to Villa Rica. It's been rumored that his reason for transferring was that his Mom was pissed off that he didn't receive a personal award in the post season banquet. He was just a FR last year.

There is a family connection with the new head coach, Rico Zackery for V/R. He felt comfortable with him and is a great coach, absolutely no truth about mom being upset. I watched him this spring, very talented young man with good character. Very early in the recruiting process, will update anything I hear.

Reactions: 3 people
May 4 was a big day for 2020 running back Mecose Todd. The soon-to-be sophomore out of Villa Rica was offered by Georgia and Tennessee within a 15 minute span that day. Both were big offers and each put a big smile on Todd's face, but those were not his first offers. Memphis was the first school to offer Todd a while back, North Carolina offered before the Bulldogs and Vols and Todd will likely reach double-digits before the end of this school year.

"When I was up at Tennessee, I told my mentor that took me up there that I love it up here," said Todd. "They treat you like family and I really like the campus and what the feeling is like there. "It was beautiful, I felt at home and the crowd is awesome. The fans at Tennessee care about the program and it was just a place that I really liked. I know I will be going back."

"I have studied Georgia and some of their top running backs. I like Todd Gurley, Herschel Walker and I know a lot about their success. That is nice and it always seems like Georgia produces top running backs. "My only three visits to Georgia were for games and it is pretty intense there. It is loud, their crowd is good and it is a school I like. I like how the coaches coach, how the team plays and it is a beautiful campus too."

"Tennessee is the school I like the most right now," said Todd. "I like the way they treated me, I just felt important there and it was a great feeling there for me. "I felt the love at Tennessee. I loved it up there right away, so it is a school I am really liking right now. I was very happy to get that offer and they are on top for me."

Auburn was Todd's favorite school growing up. He has already been on the AU campus four times, so he is on their radar. He plans to get back there this summer. Todd also plans to visit Georgia and Tennessee over the summer.

- Rival

Vols lead. Boom

Reactions: 6 people
Hope the young man realizes we've put a lot of quality running backs in the league ourselves.

Glad we lead. Hope he keeps up the love.

Kid could end up the #1 player in Ga in 2020.

Hmm, already talking 2020 guys...gheesh

Hope the young man realizes we've put a lot of quality running backs in the league ourselves.

Glad we lead. Hope he keeps up the love.

Remember when Jamal Lewis (Balt.), Travis Henry (Buffalo), James Stewart (Jax), Shawn Bryson (Det.), and Charlie Garner (TB or Oak) were all starters at the same time in the NFL ? I bet Mecose Todd doesn't, because he probably wasn't born yet

From Rivals:

THE LATEST: The end of his freshman year was a time Mecose Todd will likely remember for life. He exploded with scholarship offers from schools like Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia and Tennessee.

The 6-foot, 195 pound sophomore out of Villa Rica (Ga.) grew up a big fan of the Auburn Tigers. He has tracked their success with running backs since he was very young, but he did not spend time on the Plains over the summer. Instead, he took a trip to Tuscaloosa (Ala.) for the first time.

He was only there for a day, but Alabama made a strong first impression.

IN HIS OWN WORDS: "It was my first time to visit Alabama and it was great," said Todd. "It is Alabama and you cannot get much better than that. When you go there, I think guys expect the best and that is what they have. They have everything you want as a recruit."

CAMP THOUGHTS: "They showed me a lot with their coaching, so I gave it all I had at the camp. I loved it there. I was just there one day, but they were impressive. The coaches want the best for you, so they work you hard. I worked hard for them, I showed them what I could do and I tried to learn from the coaches."

ATTENTION TO DETAIL: "They are so organized. The way they have everything set up and how it is all so detailed and structured is what stands out a lot. I had not seen a camp like that where everything was so organized. You know they everything in place because it was perfect."

INTEREST IN TIDE: "I like them a lot. I do not have favorites right now, but Alabama is a school I like. I want to get back over there for a game this season. They really have a lot of stuff to like."

RIVALS REACTION: Auburn was his "dream" school growing up and he has an offer from Auburn. Georgia running back coach Dell McGee has made a big impact early. But it is very early and Alabama is very much in this race after the visit this summer. Look for him to add more offers and take in many games this fall.

What’s the story with this kid? We pursuing him heavily for this upcoming class?

VN Store

Back