'20 GA RB Len'Neth Whitehead (UT SIGNEE)

EdEcEko77

Elite ★★★★★ Poster

Rivals
Hudl

Vols Recruitment timeline

5/21/18 - Vols offer. Offer tweet
3/2/19 - Visits for Junior Day
5/3/19 - Staff visited his school, per VQ.
5/10/19 - Kevin Sherrer visited with him at a track meet.
5/22/19 - Jim Chaney visits his school.
6/4/19 - Says UT likes him as an athlete and lists us as a top school.
12/18/19 - Signed with UT

Last edited:
From secking in another thread...

Just a heads up, couldn’t find a thread for him but Len’Neth Whitehead (4 star LB) is visiting this weekend and think he leaves with an offer from TN. Couple quick notes, he has very good size already. He is also on the Olympic radar, he turned down the Jr Olympics last year in Argentina to concentrate on football. He is rated as the #1 shotput thrower so future Olympics isn’t out of the question, rated #4 ILB and #75 overall by 247.

This one really pops out on film...

Got some real burst when he gets out in the open...

Can really pore it on...

Not a blemish on the face of his record...

'
tenor.gif

Last edited:
OP fixed. He's listed as an athlete, playing RB and LB, but his twitter shows a lot of videos of him working on LB drills so I'm assuming thats his likely position at the next level.

@secking... he received a Vols offer last spring.

Film looks pretty good. How can a top 10 ILB have such a small offer list is staggering. This kid looks like a baller.

Film looks pretty good. How can a top 10 ILB have such a small offer list is staggering. This kid looks like a baller.
He has just turned his attention to football. Last year was the first year he prioritized football, been traveling working on shot put. Will only get better, think his ranking rises as well as he will only get better.

Reactions: GoVolsDR
One of the more intriguing prospects on campus Saturday for Tennessee’s latest Junior Day was 3-star athlete Len’Neth Whitehead. The 6-foot-2, 235-pound prospect from Athens Academy (Ga.) is a legitimate two-sport star, playing middle linebacker on a state championship team while also moonlighting as the nation’s No. 1 prep shot put thrower. Whitehead turned down an opportunity to participate in the Junior Olympics last fall, leading his football team to a title instead.

The Peach State native holds early offers from Tennessee, Michigan and Wake Forest, with Oklahoma, Duke and Kentucky likely to extend scholarships soon. Georgia is also seriously in the mix. “Yesterday was my first time up there. It was cool,” Whitehead said of his Tennessee visit. “The coaches had a nice vibe about them. It was a nice atmosphere. The university, campus, was nice. They’re on a rebuilding path. They’re talking about how the 2020 class is going to be the group that they’re targeting to get them a national championship. I wanted to see the campus and see if it was a fit for me or not.”

Whitehead could play multiple positions in college, but most project him as an inside linebacker. Kevin Sherrer is his main recruiter for the Vols, and the 3-star athlete said Tennessee’s inside linebackers coach told him, “They really like my speed, size and athleticism for that position.” Whitehead and his mother also had the chance to sit-down with head coach Jeremy Pruitt in his office Saturday, learning more about his background and “just chatting it up about his vision” for the program.

Academics are a very important to Whitehead, who plans to study entrepreneurship in college, but he also doesn’t want to give up his Olympic dreams in shot put. While football (and recruiting) are at the forefront of his mind right now, the 2020 prospect said, “My main question to any school or coaches: Can I do both (football and track)? Coach Pruitt told me I could participate in both sports.”

As for what’s next, Whitehead will visit Duke in March and plans on making return trips to Georgia and Tennessee. He’s taking the process slowly, waiting to see if the hometown Bulldogs “offer or not” while also checking out other campuses. “I’ll be back up to Tennessee again,” he said.

-VQ

That could be a plus sooner then later if he feels snubbed at some point.
I wouldn't negative recruit directly BUT I would point out to this kid that the schools that offer early and pursue early see him as a priority. He's a priority in recruiting, he's a priority when he gets on the team as far as playing time BC they have the vision to see he can immediately contribute. You don't want to just come out and slander the home school but you want to separate yourself in terms of how you value him as a player.

Reactions: VolDC

VN Store

Back