'20 GA RB Len'Neth Whitehead (UT SIGNEE)

Everyone is recruited to play defense. The best ones stay on defense and the others go to offense.

-Pruitt, probably

"Running back? Linebacker. Wide receiver? Linebacker. Offensive tackle? Linebacker. Punter? Linebacker. Water boy? Linebacker. Pizza delivery guy? Linebacker. 84 year old grandmother? Linebacker."

This is how I imagine Pruitt's internal discussion with himself goes.

I believe @secking said this time was a misprint hence UGA pushing right after this camp and then slowly cooling off once they found out it was actually in the 4.7's. Either way the kid is still a freak especially at ILB. Probably lacks coverage skills due to inferior talent at his division and smaller high school programs running due to the lack of talent.
Correct, he has never ran a 4.5, it was a glitch. 4.7 is his time, that’s still pretty dang fast. SC recruiting momentum seems to have really slowed.

Not sure which position SC is recruiting him at, but if it’s RB...

They took a commit this week the 75th rated RB, kid from Sandy Creek (HS). So, being they already have Lloyd, that would State how they feel about getting LW.

Correct, he has never ran a 4.5, it was a glitch. 4.7 is his time, that’s still pretty dang fast. SC recruiting momentum seems to have really slowed.

They took a commit this week the 75th rated RB, kid from Sandy Creek (HS). So, being they already have Lloyd, that would State how they feel about getting LW.
4.7 is fine for a LB for sure

Plenty of Hall of Fame running backs ran slower than 4.7 40s. Running through first contact is far more important than being able to hit a home run every time. And being able to follow your 5.2 blockers and go through the correct hole is the most important thing of all, be it RB or LB.

Plenty of Hall of Fame running backs ran slower than 4.7 40s. Running through first contact is far more important than being able to hit a home run every time. And being able to follow your 5.2 blockers and go through the correct hole is the most important thing of all, be it RB or LB.
I agree on the first part... the second part, however, any back is capable of... burst and acceleration after you find the hole and hit it is what separates the Saquon Barkley's from the LeGarrette Blount's

If by “plenty” you mean Larry Csonka and Paul Hornung? Then I’ll roll with you. Modern era HALL OF FAME runners averaged a 4.5 best and the slower ones like Emmitt Smith and Terrell Davis churned out a 4.6 before they never got clocked again. Fun fact Terrell Owens clocked a 4.7 best at the Combine (why he dropped), but ran a 4.3 a couple of years ago. Athletes today are coached up to nail that 40 time, so what they clock is their honest best effort and not wasted motion costing them like back in the day.

Reactions: SugarCC

I don’t think Lloyd ends up at SC. I think some on their boards are concerned about that as well.

Reactions: secking
As for Whitehead, the Athens Academy linebacker cancelled his official visit to Wisconsin last weekend and instead went back to Columbia for an unofficial visit and saw Carolina lose to Appalachian State. Whitehead, who saw UT lose to Georgia State in the season opener, was set to decide between South Carolina and Tennessee tomorrow but backed off after not spending any time with offensive coaches at Carolina. The Gamecocks had all the buzz before the weekend but the Vols reemerged with a willingness to let Whitehead play tailback. They expect to host him again on an unofficial visit either the final weekend of the season or in December.
vq

So let me get this straight:

• Whitehead wants to try his hand at RB.
  • Cocks have a RB committed already.
  • Whitehead visits and the offensive staff doesn’t even talk to him.
  • After Whitehead leaves, Cocks accepts a commitment from a second RB (Amos) in this class.
  • Whitehead postpones his decision.
  • Cocks fixing to be 4-8

From where I sit, it seems pretty obvious uscjr has no intention of trying him at RB and that uscjr sucks.

I’m submitting my crystal ball for Tennessee.

So let me get this straight:

• Whitehead wants to try his hand at RB.
  • Cocks have a RB committed already.
  • Whitehead visits and the offensive staff doesn’t even talk to him.
  • After Whitehead leaves, Cocks accepts a commitment from a second RB (Amos) in this class.
  • Whitehead postpones his decision.
  • Cocks fixing to be 4-8

From where I sit, it seems pretty obvious uscjr has no intention of trying him at RB and that uscjr sucks.

I’m submitting my crystal ball for Tennessee.

This forum is no place for logic.
1573826158937.gif

When Diggs blew by him in the Bama game on the fumble, he couldn't close any distance, and didn't look that fast.
Crouch is playing at 240lbs rn if he were to drop weight to where he was in hs (210) he would be running a 4.5. That’s what made him such a special player in hs.

Reactions: Smokeytom and VolDC

VN Store

Back