'22 GA RB Justin Williams (Cal)

That’s what I am hoping. Just dreading the constant mentioning of “he made a bad play call in game #2” that will be a result of aggressive play calling. Probably should not have said anything.
Too many people see the success he’s responsible for this year and dismiss that in favor of a call they would have made differently in that scenario. Like ok, sure he could improve but he’s a young coach and has plenty of time to learn from his mistakes.

The people saying things like “proves he has a ceiling” because of how he called a bowl game are totally ignoring the fact that we punched above our weight in just about every game this year.

Too many people see the success he’s responsible for this year and dismiss that in favor of a call they would have made differently in that scenario. Like ok, sure he could improve but he’s a young coach and has plenty of time to learn from his mistakes.

The people saying things like “proves he has a ceiling” because of how he called a bowl game are totally ignoring the fact that we punched above our weight in just about every game this year.
Wow. You said that so much better than me.

What some fail to understand is that it’s ok to criticize Heupel or question him, without calling for his head. Some people can not separate the two. I questioned him on several head scratching moves or calls this season, but I’m excited and looking forward to the future, not writing him off already. Just like my earlier post about this pre med running back signee, you’re getting a guy in CJH, who is gonna do it the right way and not give you things to worry about off the field. Let’s buckle up and see where this ride takes us before we break out the pitchforks. Especially after an exciting first year, where NO ONE had expectations of winning 7, with 9 being extremely realistic and getting to a bowl game.
Just my 2 cents.
GBO!!

Wow. You said that so much better than me.
Yeah. And for the record I never said he has reached his ceiling.

I spend time and resources watching the game same as you.

So for the record I don't care if you approve of my opinion.
I simply stated he needs to bring more...
That's a fact.

Wright reminds me of Tinsley
a bit, has shown a willingness to lower his head, hust does not have enough leg drive. With how this offense spreads tbe defense, a big back should do well running through arm tackles
Love the Tinsley comparison. I believe Wright does have a legit role to play in the future success here.

Yeah. And for the record I never said he has reached his ceiling.

I spend time and resources watching the game same as you.

So for the record I don't care if you approve of my opinion.
I simply stated he needs to bring more...
That's a fact.
For the record I was not approving or disapproving of your opinion. I simply asked “or what” when you gave your ultimatum hoping to get across that we are not in a position to be making ultimatums. He is going to be here for a few years, or we’re probably ruined for decades. All this got was an 🙄 because your opinion is not supposed to be questioned? Or is it just not supposed to be questioned by me?

Nothing more or less than the usual warmup to fire the coach because he made this mistake in this game and this mistake in this game...He will never win championships here. And some of y’all don’t even realize you do it. If he would have only stated what you said I would not have felt it was worth asking what are we going to do if he doesn’t do better. He’s going to be here for a while.Yeah, it was probably useless to try and make the point though.
I like to add that your post was also obvious. but You don’t know if he will win championships here or not here. If Saban in an alternate universe came here to coach , there would be no guarantees he would win one for UT. I’m not sure where you are going with the criticism. It’s a head scratcher.

I like to add that your post was also obvious. but You don’t know if he will win championships here or not here. If Saban in an alternate universe came here to coach , there would be no guarantees he would win one for UT. I’m not sure where you are going with the criticism. It’s a head scratcher.
Not sure where you’re going. It wasn’t a criticism. It was a question to the comment he made that CJH will have to do better. I asked or what. I will let you read further. As far as the other, I never said he will win a championship. Really not sure who is scratching their head here.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
The kids stat line yesterday....26 carries 180 yards 1TD. But people are complaining. I'm done in here today.

No doubt that Small is a good back but he is not elite. I'm not sure he ever will be. That doesn't mean he can't be a 1k yard rusher who can make big plays but he's not an X-factor.

Reactions: ChiTownVol
No doubt that Small is a good back but he is not elite? I'm not sure he ever will be. That doesn't mean he can't be a 1k yard rusher who can make big plays but he's not an X-factor.
How many teams in P5 have a truly elite RB? Yes it would nice to have a stable of 5* talent in the backfield, but I had stated in another post, Small is just a sophomore (freshman if he uses the covid year). Wright is a true freshman. Small banged up his shoulder early in the season. That is an injury that doesn't fully heal until it can be free of contract for an extended period. While not elite at this point, he is more than just serviceable. He ran for 792 yards averaging 5.7 yards per carry this year.

Last edited:
No doubt that Small is a good back but he is not elite. I'm not sure he ever will be. That doesn't mean he can't be a 1k yard rusher who can make big plays but he's not an X-factor.
Our offense would not have been as productive without Small. He grinded it out when we needed him to grind it out and he broke some amazing long runs at pivotal points. Is he a workhorse type back? No. But our offense would not have been as productive without him. He’s a very good back in our offense.

Our offense would not have been as productive without Small. He grinded it out when we needed him to grind it out and he broke some amazing long runs at pivotal points. Is he a workhorse type back? No. But our offense would not have been as productive without him. He’s a very good back in our offense.
Small is average at best.

VN Store

Back