'22 GA RB Justin Williams (Cal)

“I had a great time last time, so why wouldn’t I want to come back,” the running back told Volquest. “My heart told me to come back and I followed it. I came back and retouched on some things and had a chance to see coach [Josh] Heupel and coach [Jerry] Mack again.”

The coaches used the opportunity to check in with the family once again and to ask the 6-foot-0, 206-pound athlete what he thought about the team’s performance in the 60-14 rout of South Alabama.

“Seeing the run game flourish the way it did was cool. They did an awesome job,” Williams said. “They spread out the box and give the running back a bunch of opportunity. Everything looked smooth and was firing on all cylinders. They were putting up points and doing what needs to be successful.”

And to be able to take in another game day experience on Rocky Top with the fans – that was big for the Rivals Top-225 player.

“The stadium love was incredible,” Williams noted. “Being able to go back and see the fans again and that atmosphere – it was awesome.”
The Vols are in a great spot with the Dallas, Ga. native and are doing ‘enough’ in their pitch for the tailback. Michigan and Auburn are also involved as Williams will check out the Tigers next weekend for the final game of the regular-season.

Tennessee will likely get the last word as the Volunteers plan to officially host Williams on December 11th, the final weekend before signing day.

“I may carry this up to signing day or right there before. I just need to see how everything goes,” the Tennessee target concluded. “But Tennessee is doing enough. I had a great time yesterday.”
-VQ

I think I heard someone say that they heard that AP heard someone say he wasn’t going to do anything right now
He sure would be doing some of us a big favor if he would commit.I get on here every day several times a day to see if someone commits and it would be a real bonus if someone like him would commit.I beg!!!!!

Reactions: Vo13 and peaygolf

VN Store

Back