Squat- 315
15 years of age
secondary position: S
Class of 2020

247 Sports

Hudl

NCSA

Twitter

UT offered on 4-4-17. Alabama is the only other D1 offer for this kid to date.

Last edited:
From Alabama site:

Alabama hosted one of Georgia's up-and-comers from the 2020 class in Deondre Jackson last week.

"I enjoyed the facility," Jackson told BamaOnLine. "It just seems like a natural bond. All around I liked the environment, it seems like everybody was working towards something big. The vibe was good."

The 6-foot, 195-pound running back, who already held a Tennessee offer coming into the visit, says the Tide offered on the trip.

"I was shocked for words," Jackson said. "It was a very exciting moment. Alabama has always been my dream. I'm still lost for words."

Jackson's primary recruiter is defensive backs coach Derrick Ansley.

"He liked my size and film," Jackson said.

Jackson plans to return to Tuscaloosa soon, if not for camp this summer.

After getting an early scholarship offer from Tennessee nearly two years ago, Deondre Jackson finally plans to take his first look at the Vols this weekend. The three-star Class of 2020 running back from Stephenson High School in Stone Mountain, Ga., told GoVols247 that he's scheduled to travel to Tennessee on Saturday for a visit that will allow him to attend one of the Vols' spring practices.

The 6-foot, 195-pound Jackson picked up an offer from former Tennessee coach Butch Jones' staff in April 2017, and coach Jeremy Pruitt's staff reaffirmed Jackson's previous offer from the Vols in January 2018.

Jackson once was committed to Auburn for a little more than a month before reopening his recruitment in January 2018. He now holds offers from at least 20 schools, including Alabama, Florida, Ohio State, South Carolina, Texas A&M, Nebraska, North Carolina, Michigan State, Maryland and Louisville.

He's ranked by 247Sports as the No. 641 overall prospect and No. 50 running back in the 2020 class. In the industry-generated 247Sports Composite, he's ranked the No. 703 overall player and No. 50 running back in the 2020 class.

- Callahan

Reactions: kmkemp11
Just spoke with Deondre Jackson...

The former Auburn RB commit enjoyed his first trip to Tennessee yesterday. Told me Vols and Nebraska are the two schools currently after him the hardest. Is already planning on returning to campus in two weeks for the spring game. The 6-foot, 205-pound 'back compared his game to Kareem Hunt and said David Johnson loves his versatility. He liked how UT used Ty Chandler and Jeremy Banks in the scrimmage, moving them all around the backfield, into the slot and flexed out wide.

-Simonton

Deondre Jackson got his first look at Tennessee on Saturday and the 2020 tailback from Stephenson High (Ga.) is already planning a return visit. The 6-foot, 205-pound playmaker told Volquest he plans to attend the Orange & White Game in two weeks after getting a strong vibe from the Vols this weekend.

“I liked the campus and the coaches. (David Johnson) was cool,” Jackson said. “I wanted to see how he coached, get a closer look at the offense. I had never met him before. He’s an active coach. I like that. He interacts with you. He seems like a very reasonable dude. A cool dude to talk to.”

Jackson was initially offered by Tennessee two years ago, with Jeremy Pruitt & Co., reaffirming the scholarship last summer. The former Auburn commit holds more than 20 offers with interest from Nebraska, Alabama, Texas A&M, UF, Ohio State and South Carolina, among others. Asked who’s currently recruiting him the hardest? “It’s probably between Tennessee and Nebraska,” Jackson said.

The Stone Mountain native went to Clemson earlier this month and will also visit Nebraska later this spring. He plans to take a trip down to checkout Central Florida, too. Jackson is a versatile tailback, comparing his game to Kareem Hunt, and he saw first-hand how Tennessee plans to utilize tailbacks in Jim Chaney’s scheme, as Ty Chandler and Jeremy Banks were moved all around the field during Saturday’s scrimmage. “They want to use me all over,” he said. “They want to play me more versatile, not just use me in the backfield but in the slot, too.”

-VQ

Coming back for spring game...

"I liked the campus, the facilities and how everything was set up at Tennessee. I got to see coach Johnson, the running backs coach, and I liked him a lot. He is a very hands on coach, he has been there and he is a cool guy. "I will be back up there April 13 for the Tennessee spring game. I liked it a lot. It felt good up there."

Another school Jackson is planning to visit again this spring is Auburn. He has been in regular contact with Cadillac Williams, the running backs coach on the Plains, and they are building a strong bond. "Coach Williams has been talking to me a lot and he just keeps wanting me to visit again," said Jackson. "He wants me to get to a spring practice, see how he coaches and what they are doing there. "I really like him and he's making me feel like a top target."

Florida is another school that Jackson has visited already that is going to visit again. Another school outside the south is the one he knows he will visit officially. "Nebraska is a little farther away, so I am going to take an official visit out there. They are already making me feel like family. "I have talked to almost the entire coaching staff and they are in constant contact. They are staying in constant contact and that means a lot to me. "I also know Caleb Tannor, a former teammate of mine who is playing there and he has told me a lot of good things about Nebraska. I am not sure when I will take the official visit, but it will be over the summer or early in the season."

Jackson is now taking his time with the recruiting process and he is not ready to name a leader or a group of favorites. That could come later this summer. He is still working to figure out which schools will receive the other four official visits. He is likely to take all five before making a decision. "Before I commit, I will probably get it down to a top five," said Jackson. "With new offers coming in and a lot of visits taking place, things are still changing, so I am not ready for favorites yet."

- Chad Simmons, Rivals

Just went and looked at his measurables. 5'11'', 230 lbs. Kid's pretty darn stout.

However, his career 3 carries for 13 yards in two years doesn't give me a lot to consider.

Don’t know much about him but AM has had a top
Back taking up carries for past two years

This guy maybe, we need a bigger back with JWilliams. JSmall, Wright and DSampson on the smaller side.

I hope we have some ties with this guy. Looks like he could help us in short yardage. I feel like the Leneth Whitehead experiment at RB is over. Maybe he could help at LB if so.

I hope we have some ties with this guy. Looks like he could help us in short yardage. I feel like the Leneth Whitehead experiment at RB is over. Maybe he could help at LB if so.
Someone made a thread, but as of now, the coaches have zero interest in this kid.

Daddy likes them this big 😍

I find it crazy this kid is the same height as me but has 50 pounds on me and lower bf %

VN Store

Back