'20 GA RB/CB Ebony Jackson

Big Gucci Sosa

Sniper Gang.
r5yigukwijtobgwmahhw

Ebony Jackson, 2020 Running Back - Rivals

Ebony Jackson, Kell, Cornerback

Jackson was offered by Tennessee in late February. It was his third offer and one that caught him off guard.

"It was exciting because I didn't expect it," Jackson said. "Tennessee has a good campus. I've been up there for camps and it was a good environment around their coaches."

So what did the Tennessee staff tell him that they liked about his game that made them pull the trigger with an offer?

"I'm fast at my size," Jackson said. "There aren't many running backs that are my size and have my speed. I think that is my best attribute is having a nice combination of both power and speed."

The Vols are in need of a bigger back in the class of 2020 and that's a big reason he is getting their attention.

The person leading the recruitment is tight ends coach Brian Niedermeyer. The conversation was a good early start for Jackson as he gets to know the talented young assistant.

"He's welcoming and nice," Jackson said. "When he was talking to me, I was just like, 'wow he feels like one of my coaches' which was nice because he was so down to earth."
VQ

Last edited:
He’s being modest at being fast at his size.

This kid runs a 10.5 100 at 205 lbs. That’s early Gurley numbers before he added mass. Incredible size/speed combo.

Very quiet and private. No cellphone type of kid,
Why so few offers and low rating?

Kid has a nice spin move but that's the only thing that jumps out on his highlights. The speed doesn't show on film.

Why so few offers and low rating?
VERY under the radar. No camps, no cellphone, doesn’t like doing interviews (or at least doesn’t seek them out). Honestly, my kind of guy, all day.

As I briefly mentioned above, just for reference, Gurley ran a 10.6 at almost the same size coming out of HS. This kid ran a 10.5 legit 100.

Chris Johnson ran 10.66, Adrian Peterson 10.56

I’m not saying he will be any of those 3, I’m telling you the gifts he’s been given and crafted is better than anyone else in this class. I CAN promise you that ranking will change...

Edit: Cool :oops: 5k posts

VERY under the radar. No camps, no cellphone, doesn’t like doing interviews (or at least doesn’t seek them out). Honestly, my kind of guy, all day.

As I briefly mentioned above, just for reference, Gurley ran a 10.6 at almost the same size coming out of HS. This kid ran a 10.5 legit 100.

I’m not saying he will be any of those 3, I’m telling you the gifts he’s been given and crafted is better than anyone else in this class. I CAN promise you that ranking will change...

Thanks for the info. And I remember Gurley was a 3 star around this time of his junior season, he was under the radar early in his recruitment.

No cellphone in 2019!?!?!?!

Very interesting indeed

He kind of sounds like a Ricky Williams. But I'll be honest, in the videos he doesn't seem to have that break away speed that the backs you mentioned have BUT I really like this kid's tape. Here's why:

Most are probably not impressed because he's not running 80 yards to the house. A lot of highlights don't ever reflect the huge holes in the defense with no one laying a hand on the back. This kid has tremendous balance and a body that can be SEC caliber. Plus, he's sneaky shifty around contact.

Reactions: GoVolsDR
He kind of sounds like a Ricky Williams. But I'll be honest, in the videos he doesn't seem to have that break away speed that the backs you mentioned have BUT I really like this kid's tape. Here's why:

Most are probably not impressed because he's not running 80 yards to the house. A lot of highlights don't ever reflect the huge holes in the defense with no one laying a hand on the back. This kid has tremendous balance and a body that can be SEC caliber. Plus, he's sneaky shifty around contact.
I wasn't impressed because he got caught from behind a couple times. AP didn't get caught from behind in high school.

10.57 in May of 2018
And just as impressive was the
21.41 in the 200.

In his tape, he's playing against other fast players. And most importantly, he's not going down after first contact. He doesn't have many breakaway runs because teams are loading the box to stop him, even though his team runs a spread.
It's very apparent that he is faster than anyone else. To me at least ..

He's a good back. I don't know what the negative posters are looking at. Same HS as Brian Randolph too....

Not complaining. the OP made a claim of this kid having rare speed(10.5 100m). I'm just stating that it doesn't show in his highlights. He isn't even the deep man on kick off returns. 10.5 in the 100m would make him one of the fastest high school football players (top 1%) in the country. The tape just doesn't reflect that.

Reactions: BreatheUT

VN Store

Back