'20 GA RB/CB Ebony Jackson

Film is decent but I agree with simonton that he doesn’t have much wiggle/fluidity

Reggie Cobb had more of a quick lean than wiggle, and he did all right. Jackson looks like a good rb in the little vid I watched. There are a few jaw dropping moves which show his athleticism, power, quickness, and speed. I trust the staff on this recruit and feel good about him.

Idk. We’ll see. I don’t question this staff, but it’s really early. I mean hell, we took Cox’s commitment this time last year and then stopped recruiting him.

My concerns are the lack of offers, the underwhelming highlights, and the reports of grade concerns.

Threads re: 3* commitments never fail to deliver:

Stargazers (see above)
Armchair P5 talent scouts
Prognosticators
Random posters from the FF who only show up in 3* commit threads
Other undesirables and ne'er do wells

Bottom line(s): (1) the whiners can pound sand, (2) it's like, April, dude--who knows what will happen, (3) no one on this message board is qualified to evaluate P5 talent, and (4) this staff wants this kid.

Last edited:
Don't want to compare him to Derrick Henry but he reminds me a lot of him. Hes not flashy, will get a lot of short yardage, and if he ever gets free hes gone.

Stargazers (see above)
Prognosticators

Bottom line(s): (1) the whiners can pound sand, (2) it's like, April, dude--who knows what will happen, (3) no one on this message board is qualified to evaluate P5 talent, and (4) this staff wants this kid.

Where did I mention anything about stars, since you put the “(see above)” comment in response to me.

And I agree with your assessment that none of us are able to accurately judge talent. I fully acknowledge that I’m not. So I generally go by offer lists more than anything. My concerns with this kid was stated in the post you quoted and it had nothing to do with stars.

Nevertheless, I wasn’t *****ing on the commitment per se. My post was merely playing Devils Advocate to @RonSwansons comment of if we took his commitment this soon he must be special.

He might be, and I hope he is. But again we took Cox’s commitment this time last year and then stopped pursuing him.

Keep in mind he ran these track times as a sophomore. For comparison, Ty Chandler set his school record in the 100m at 10.83. This guy ran 10.63 in the prelims then 10.57 in the final, also a full tenth of a second faster than second place. He wasn’t even being pushed
And it took Chandler a couple years of S&C to hit this kid’s weight.

Keep in mind he ran these track times as a sophomore. For comparison, Ty Chandler set his school record in the 100m at 10.83. This guy ran 10.63 in the prelims then 10.57 in the final, also a full tenth of a second faster than second place. He wasn’t even being pushed
whoa. I admit, film isn't very impressive. But that speed, Chaney will find ways to use it.

I get the track speed. But watching his film, one should be able to see it doesnt exactly translate. I am not saying he isnt fast. But track apeed and football speed are two different things. His football speed doesnt seem elite.

It's comical that people are complaining about his highlight vid. First off, it's a short video.

Second, do u really want to see a bunch of unrealistic plays? Those only happen against weak competition, not against other good players who are stacking the box.

The question to ask yourself is this: Would you be happy if he consistently made the plays in his video while on the field at UT? I know I would.

I don't be knowing, but the competition in Jackson's vid looked good to me.

I agree but let's remember there are plenty of guys on the team that probably won't see the field.

After watching his film again it is very solid but it doesn't jump out at me because it supposed to be a highlight reel. That said one would expect to see at least 1 or 2 long TD runs from a big, strong blazing RB that leaves you with a wow. There are a lot of very good runs though. My point is it is a little surprising to take an early commitment but I do think the staff takes 2 backs this year.
I roll with Pruitt. He has more football and recruiting knowledge in his index finger than all of us on here combined.

Stargazers (see above)
Prognosticators

Nobody has claimed to be P5 scouts. We have given our OPINIONS, which is the ENTIRE point of message boards. Go crawl back in your hole.

Nobody has claimed to be P5 scouts. We have given our OPINIONS, which is the ENTIRE point of message boards. Go crawl back in your hole.

I think everyone should have their opinion on here hold equal weight.

My opinion is that it is premature to judge how good of a RB he could be based on some 100m times and sketchy film from his junior year. This year he will be a senior and committed to UT. While we won't have the complete picture, it will at least be colored in enough to see what it is.

VN Store

Back