'22 GA QB Sam Horn (Mizzou commit)

Humility is a lost concept on the internet. It's rare to see someone admit they are wrong.
I know I was wrong with my initial thoughts about Hooker heading into this season AND about my doubts about this defense.

Anyone else in this thread want to admit to being wrong sometimes??? 👀👀👀
I’ve never once been right about who we should hire as coach.
We’ve never hired who I wanted and the guys I thought we should hire have been terrible where they ended up.

Spencer Rattler may have lost his job today... Considering the Oklahoma connection, maybe Heupel brings him in. Who knows.

We were mentioned in some articles the last 2 days as a landing spot for Rattler. I find it unlikely unless Hooker decides to leave early. And I find it more unlikely that Hooker actually leaves early because he doesn't seem like an NFL QB to me.

I think Oregon, A&M, or maybe even UCLA seem more likely.

We were mentioned in some articles the last 2 days as a landing spot for Rattler. I find it unlikely unless Hooker decides to leave early. And I find it more unlikely that Hooker actually leaves early because he doesn't seem like an NFL QB to me.

I think Oregon, A&M, or maybe even UCLA seem more likely.
He’s an Arizona kid. Arizona or Arizona State makes sense. Herman Edwards likes personal reclamation projects.

He’s an Arizona kid. Arizona or Arizona State makes sense. Herman Edwards likes personal reclamation projects.

Arizona St. may be. They are quality team and Herm Edwards does have NFL experience with QBs and has connections that Rattler could find intriguing. They also have had good offenses the last couple of years.

But Arizona is a train wreck of a program currently. I can't imagine he'll seriously consider them.

I still think the 3 teams I listed make a bit more sense for his NFL aspirations. Particularly Oregon.

Arizona State would be a good landing spot for Rattler. They are a solid team with Herm at the helm. He would fit their style of offence as well. Heck, ASU might win the Pac 12 this year.

Reactions: sneakergawd
Arizona State would be a good landing spot for Rattler. They are a solid team with Herm at the helm. He would fit their style of offence as well. Heck, ASU might win the Pac 12 this year.
There is a small chance they lose Jayden Daniels to the NFL, this offseason, but if not, he is returning as a senior and would seemingly have a leg up on Rattler.

It’s sarcasm, Dejuan. Google it or Bing if you don’t have the hardware. They had MAC JONES who was no sure thing before last season
and he was a lowly scumbag non blue chipping 3 star. That’s LOW DEPTH. Why wouldn’t they tell Young that they were taking another QB and then do it? They’re BAMA! Not “big boy” enough? I like Tayven Jackson better than Ty Simpson. And your disdain for him only reinforces that. Cuz you’ll go full dullard on us from time to time with little to no warning. Weak stuff, Dejuan.

Was Mac not a 1st rd draft pick and week 1 starter? Also the things Bama does can't be done at UT, at least not yet. As far as Ty vs Tayven full fledged đŸ‚đŸ’©. Ty has been on the scene Tayven is new to this kind of shine. Stop the orange shaded narrative @butchna not close at all and Ty does it with a small town team.

Was Mac not a 1st rd draft pick and week 1 starter? Also the things Bama does can't be done at UT, at least not yet. As far as Ty vs Tayven full fledged đŸ‚đŸ’©. Ty has been on the scene Tayven is new to this kind of shine. Stop the orange shaded narrative @butchna not close at all and Ty does it with a small town team.
Beginning of last season he WASN’T. Had shown nothing in relief of Tua and many projected Bryce Young as an instant starter
with only Mac as a backup. Real shallow depth and they didn’t bring anybody else to the QB room. Why don’t you know stuff? This isn’t a Ty Simpson v Tayven Jackson argument. This is your jive turkey azz taking shots at someone who dares commit to this program
your new default.

Beginning of last season he WASN’T. Had shown nothing in relief of Tua and many projected Bryce Young as an instant starter
with only Mac as a backup. Real shallow depth and they didn’t bring anybody else to the QB room. Why don’t you know stuff? This isn’t a Ty Simpson v Tayven Jackson argument. This is your jive turkey azz taking shots at someone who dares commit to this program
your new default.
I completely agree with the overall theme of your argument, and it is true that Mac hadn't shown consistent 1st round traits across a long stretch prior to last season, but it isn't accurate to say "he had shown nothing in relief of Tua". Following injuries to Tua across the last half of 2019, he was 83 for 120 (69%) for 1338 yds, 13 TDs, and 2 INTs.

There is no way you can say Simpson is better than Jackson off a star rating. History shows that there is 5 star QBs that do nothing in college and there are 3 stars that win a Heisman Trophy. They are high school players and both may never do much of anything in college. Heath Shuler did it with a small town team and won multiple state championships in high school.

Last edited:
Reactions: SweetasSoda
There is no way you can say Simpson is better than Jackson off a star rating. History shows that there 5 star QBs that do nothing in college and there are 3 stars that win a Heisman Trophy. They are high school players and both may never do much of anything in college. Heath Shuler did it with a small town team and won multiple state championships in high school.
It’s really hard to judge apparently. Rattler sucks and Hooker is balling. Lamar Jackson was a 3 star, Hunter Johnson was a 5.

It’s really hard to judge apparently. Rattler sucks and Hooker is balling. Lamar Jackson was a 3 star, Hunter Johnson was a 5.
That’s my point. There really hasn’t been many high school QBs that you should really get excited for. All you have is HOPE! You hope when they get to college they ball out for your team.

Last edited:
Yes Shuler was. Simpson plays small football and hasn’t won a state championship. He might be a great college QB or a 5 star bust.
Not only that, I don't think he's won a playoff game, even. His team is not very good, but I don't think Simpson is a world-beater, either, and he hasn't elevated the level of play of his teammates in the past. This year they are 7-1, so we will see if he can lead them beyond a first-rd exit.

I completely agree with the overall theme of your argument, and it is true that Mac hadn't shown consistent 1st round traits across a long stretch prior to last season, but it isn't accurate to say "he had shown nothing in relief of Tua". Following injuries to Tua across the last half of 2019, he was 83 for 120 (69%) for 1338 yds, 13 TDs, and 2 INTs.
He wasn’t projected to be the starter and DEPTH was an issue. This all started over Dejuan labeling Jackson”fragile” if he wants to be THE quarterback of his class (which he’s never stated) and that ALL “big boy” programs have multiple quarterbacks in their recruiting classes. Nobody’s more “big boy” than Bama and even they don’t try to sell that to their quarterbacks. Why not? Because quarterbacks have a choice
especially nowadays.

He wasn’t projected to be the starter and DEPTH was an issue. This all started over Dejuan labeling Jackson”fragile” if he wants to be THE quarterback of his class (which he’s never stated) and that ALL “big boy” programs have multiple quarterbacks in their recruiting classes. Nobody’s more “big boy” than Bama and even they don’t try to sell that to their quarterbacks. Why not? Because quarterbacks have a choice
especially nowadays.
No, I agree with all of that. I just don't think it was fair/accurate to say he had shown nothing in relief of Tua. I agree with the overriding theme of your argument, though.

There is no way you can say Simpson is better than Jackson off a star rating. History shows that there is 5 star QBs that do nothing in college and there are 3 stars that win a Heisman Trophy. They are high school players and both may never do much of anything in college. Heath Shuler did it with a small town team and won multiple state championships in high school.
The thing I remember about Heath Shuler
.. he had a video where he threw the ball 50 yards on one knee and hit the goal posts.

Last edited:
The thing I remember about Heath Shular
.. he had a video where he threw the ball 50 yards on one knee and hit the goal posts.
Shuler could definitely put "the cross" on your chest.. I remember hearing a story that he busted someones facemask loose from their helmet.. I think it was a Rocky Top legend though.. 😎

Reactions: volbeast33
Shuler could definitely put "the cross" on your chest.. I remember hearing a story that he busted someones facemask loose from their helmet.. I think it was a Rocky Top legend though.. 😎
The story I always heard is he threw a ball so hard, that whenever it hit a screw on the WRs helmet, it burst. The story I heard back then, and the story I've heard 3 or 4 times since.

Think about that...how hard you'd have to throw a freaking football to get it to burst. Whether true or not, idk.

your new default.
qlrBlSDevEdFeW5JwV.gif

Reactions: VOLSONLY

VN Store

Back